C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can somebody help me with these codes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 09:55 PM
brrymnvette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Can somebody help me with these codes?

I have some codes on my 99 coupe. Our scanner just says see service manual. I don't have one though, the supposed great scanner is supposed to tell me the stupid codes.
TCS C1283 H
SDM B0026 H C
RFA C2110 H C

I know one of them is for the airbag, and I know what the H C and the first 3 letters mean. I just need help with the middle part. THanks, Andy
Old 07-06-2004, 10:05 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Re: Can somebody help me with these codes? (brrymnvette)

Try this link:
http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp

Old 07-06-2004, 10:22 PM
BLUTHUNDER
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Can somebody help me with these codes? (Tony_C5_04)

You can also try this link
http://www.stengel.net/diccodes.htm
Old 07-07-2004, 03:00 AM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Can somebody help me with these codes? (brrymnvette)

I have some codes on my 99 coupe. Our scanner just says see service manual. I don't have one though, the supposed great scanner is supposed to tell me the stupid codes.
TCS C1283 H
SDM B0026 H C
RFA C2110 H C

I know one of them is for the airbag, and I know what the H C and the first 3 letters mean. I just need help with the middle part. THanks, Andy
C1283:
Circuit Description
Steer angle centering is the process by which the EBCM calibrates the steering sensor output so that it reads zero when the steering wheel is centered. The initial steering wheel center position is calculated after driving 10 km/h (6 mph) for more than 10 seconds in a straight line on a fairly level surface. The EBCM uses the Yaw Rate Sensor, Lateral Accelerometer and Wheel Speed Sensors to tell if the vehicle is moving in a straight line. This centering routine is necessary to compensate for wear in the steering and suspension. Wear in the steering and suspension can result in a change in the relationship between the steering wheel and the front wheels. By running the centering routine the EBCM can compensate for these changes by changing the digital and analog center position.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The initial steering wheel center position will be determined quickly unless there is a large offset in the yaw sensor or lateral accelerometer output. When this happens the system will believe the steering is far off center even though the vehicle is being driven in a straight line. Under this condition and with a continuous vehicle speed of 40 km/h (25 mph) or greater for longer than 10 minutes, DTC C1283 will be set.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
ABS and TCS remain enabled, Active Handling is disabled.

Indicators that turn on: Car Icon (TCS indicator)
Messages displayed on the DTC: Service Active HNDLG
Service Vehicle Soon

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

Condition for DTC is no longer present and scan tool clear DTC function is used.
Fifty ignition cycles have passed with no DTCs detected.
Diagnostic Aids

It is very important to check the vehicle for proper alignment. The car should not pull in either direction while driving straight on a flat surface.
It is very important to find out from the driver when the code was set (when the SERVICE ACTIVE HNDLG message was activated). This information may help to duplicate the failure.
It is very important that a thorough inspection of the wiring and connectors be performed. Failure to carefully and fully inspect wiring and connectors may result in misdiagnosis, causing part replacement with reappearance of the malfunction. Check connector C102 RH side rear of engine compartment for water intrusion or missing plugs, and that the connector is oriented horizontal to prevent water intrusion.
An intermittent malfunction is most likely caused by a poor connection, rubbed through wire insulation, or a wire that is broken inside the insulation. Refer to Testing for Electrical Intermittents in Diagrams, Diagnostic Aids.
The Snapshot function on the scan tool may help in finding an intermittent DTC C1283.
Test Description
The number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the diagnostic table.

This step checks for the proper Lateral Accelerometer input.
This step checks for the proper Yaw Rate Sensor input.

B0026
CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
When you first turn ON the ignition, the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical malfunctions within itself. Then the SDM performs the following continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops:

Deployment loop voltage out of range test
Deployment loop resistance measurement test
If the voltage out of range test detects a short to voltage condition, the resistance measurement test for that deployment loop will not be performed.

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
Deployment loop voltage out of range test:

Ignition 1 voltage is within the normal operating voltage range.
Driver frontal deployment loop is not shorted to voltage.
Driver frontal high circuit is less than 2 volts.
Deployment loop resistance measurement test:

Ignition 1 voltage is within the normal operating voltage range.
Driver frontal deployment loop is not shorted to voltage.
Driver frontal deployment loop is not shorted to ground.
CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
Deployment loop voltage out of range test - Driver frontal deployment loop resistance is at least 6 ohms for 300 milliseconds.

Deployment loop resistance measurement test - Driver frontal deployment loop resistance is more than 4.8 ohms for 300 milliseconds.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
The SDM commands ON the AIR BAG warning lamp via Class 2 serial data.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE DTC

You can issue a CLEAR CODES command
A history DTC will clear once 255 malfunction free ignition cycles have occurred
DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
The following can cause an intermittent condition:

The inflatable restraint steering wheel module yellow 2-way connector.
The inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil yellow 2-way connector.
The SDM wiring harness connector.
The wire to terminal connections in the driver frontal high circuit.
The wire to terminal connections in the driver frontal low circuit.
Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections in Diagrams.
TEST DESCRIPTION
The number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the diagnostic table.

This step checks the inline connector C211.
This step isolates the malfunction to one side of inline connector C211.
This step determines if the inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil or the inflatable restraint steering wheel module is defective.
This step checks to see if the SDM wiring harness connector is OK.
This step checks to see if there is an open or a high resistance in the driver frontal high circuit in the wiring harness between inline connector C211 and the SDM wiring harness connector.
This step checks to see if there is an open or a high resistance in the driver frontal low circuit in the wiring harness between inline connector C211 and the SDM wiring harness connector.

C2110

Circuit Description
When the TPM sensors detect a vehicle speed of 16 - 24 km/h (10 - 15 mph) , the TPM sensors will enter a powered up stage and begin to transmit a unique identification code and tire pressure information from 0 - 427 kPa (0 - 62 psi) to the receiver. The receiver waits for the first sensor to transmit information. When the first sensor transmits its information 15 times, the receiver checks whether all sensors have sent their information. If one or more sensors do not transmit information, the receiver will set the appropriate DTCs for the TPM sensor that did not transmit. When the vehicle has been stationary for more than 1 minute, the sensor will enter a power down or sleep mode and will stop transmitting tire pressure information.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The vehicle completes a diagnostic cycle (driving for about 20 minutes at speeds over 24 km/h [15 mph]) and the right rear TPM sensor has not transmitted tire pressure information.

The receiver has received at least one TPM sensor transmit tire pressure information 15 times and no tire pressure information was received from the right rear TPM sensor.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets

Stores a DTC C2110 in the receiver memory
Sends a message to the IPC to display the SERVICE TIRE WARN SYS message
The IPC will default to display the right rear tire pressure as XXX kPa (XX psi).
Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The right rear TPM sensor transmits tire pressure information to the receiver before a diagnostic cycle is completed.
A history DTC will clear after 50 consecutive ignition cycles if the condition for the malfunction is no longer present.
Use the IPC clearing DTCs feature.
Use a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids

The IPC will default to display the right rear tire pressure as XXX kPa (XX psi) if the receiver is unable to receive or send tire pressure data.
If there is an open in the serial data line to the receiver, the IPC will display XXX kPa (XX psi) for all tire pressure values and the SERVICE TIRE WARN SYS message.
Clear the receiver diagnostic memory before road testing the vehicle whenever a TPM sensor is replaced in order to avoid reading the original DTC stored in the memory.
Take tire pressure measurements when the tires are cold in order to obtain the lowest readings.

Old 07-07-2004, 06:16 AM
brrymnvette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Can somebody help me with these codes? (Richin Chicago)

Thanks guys! Andy

Get notified of new replies

To Can somebody help me with these codes?

Quick Reply: Can somebody help me with these codes?