C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBC GREENSTUFF PADS......

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 07:17 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EBC GREENSTUFF PADS......

Does anybody run these pads? I have hawk hp + pads and they are REDICULOUSLY LOUD! I need to get some bads but want at least equal braking as the stock Z. I had these on my LT4 years ago but cant remember how well they worked.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (vettethret)

Does anybody run these pads? I have hawk hp + pads and they are REDICULOUSLY LOUD! I need to get some bads but want at least equal braking as the stock Z. I had these on my LT4 years ago but cant remember how well they worked.
I haven't had a set on in quite some time, but they were great when I had them. Quiet with a lot of initial cold bite. They will work well on the street and can even be used for "light" track days.

Old 07-02-2004, 08:58 PM
PHPD7102
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (Richin Chicago)

I put the RayBestos ceramic pads in and they are great so far (about 2k miles). Quiet, grab great, no fade I can notice, and about 90% less gunk on my rims than those factory crap pads.

Old 07-03-2004, 12:25 AM
NEPTUNEBILL
Melting Slicks

I agree I have at least 25K on a set and will replace them soon and probably use the same pads, I havn't run extended time on a track but they are great on the street, no noise and little dust--I can't remember how much they are--
Old 07-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (NEPTUNEBILL)

I agree I have at least 25K on a set and will replace them soon and probably use the same pads, I havn't run extended time on a track but they are great on the street, no noise and little dust--I can't remember how much they are--
Tirerack has them for $99.00 front $69.00 rear.
Old 07-03-2004, 12:31 AM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

I have a set on my Mercedes SLK and REALLY like them. In fact, I like them a bit better than my Raybestos on the Corvette. They have a real nice feel at the pedel and nearly no dust. They last a long time too.

You won't be disappointed!

Dan
Old 07-03-2004, 02:17 AM
KapUSMC
Burning Brakes

Right now one of the supporting vendors Rev Xtreme has a GP going on them for 89.99 front and 59.99 rear. Also a pretty nice deal on some dimpled and slotted rotors...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=851746
Old 07-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (KapUSMC)

Right now one of the supporting vendors Rev Xtreme has a GP going on them for 89.99 front and 59.99 rear. Also a pretty nice deal on some dimpled and slotted rotors...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=851746
That is a good price on Greens. I was waiting for them to post a price on Red pads.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:43 AM
C5 Tweaker
Racer

The greenstuff do not belong on a Corvette. They caused fade in a single stop from 100, and blackend/crazed the rotors. EBC replaced them with Redstuff - far superior. EBC indicated that redustuff have longer life, better fade resistance, and less dust. I asked why they offer greenstuff - they indicated that they are a little cheaper.

I will run Redstuff from here out...
Old 07-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Smokin Joe
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (C5 Tweaker)

but how do reds work on the street, do they need to be "warmed" up?
Old 07-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

The greenstuff do not belong on a Corvette. They caused fade in a single stop from 100, and blackend/crazed the rotors. EBC replaced them with Redstuff - far superior. EBC indicated that redustuff have longer life, better fade resistance, and less dust. I asked why they offer greenstuff - they indicated that they are a little cheaper.

I wonder if you had an earlier version of the Green pads?
Old 07-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (SpyRacing)

I think they are equal to OEM cold but not as good as some of the better compounds. But really come into their own with a little heat.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Face
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (PHPD7102)

I put the RayBestos ceramic pads in and they are great so far (about 2k miles). Quiet, grab great, no fade I can notice, and about 90% less gunk on my rims than those factory crap pads.
Mine leave crap on wheels, and even chunk with hard driving. It's Hawk or Green Stuff for me next time.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (Face)

Mine leave crap on wheels, and even chunk with hard driving. It's Hawk or Green Stuff for me next time.
Most ceramic pads don't do well in performance driving. They just don't have much of an upper heat range.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:10 AM
C5 Tweaker
Racer

Default Re: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS...... (SpyRacing)

No warmup needed with redstuff. They seem like an ideal performance street pad.

In fairness, it probably was an earlier flavor of the greenstuff that I had. Though after driving with the redstuff, I am not sure why anyone would buy the green - unless you are really pinching pennies...
Old 07-04-2004, 01:38 AM
VETFVER
Burning Brakes

It sounds like you had the wrong sized pads on your car. The EBC ceramic green pads have been trouble free and are excellent pads. However, if you get the wrong sized pads they will burn up your rotors guaranteed.

Dan
Old 07-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Richin Chicago
Safety Car

No warmup needed with redstuff. They seem like an ideal performance street pad.

In fairness, it probably was an earlier flavor of the greenstuff that I had. Though after driving with the redstuff, I am not sure why anyone would buy the green - unless you are really pinching pennies...
I love the RED pads and run them all the time, but I have to disagree, a little, on initial bite. There are quite a few pads out there, including the green, that will give you better torque when stopping cold. If I was only street driving I would be back on green pads or Raybestos Brute Stop.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Karl_in_Chicago
Racer

Well I've been running Green's on the street for about a year (replacing the very dusty, unimpressive Hawks I had) with no problems. I swap in Red's for track days.

Get notified of new replies

To EBC GREENSTUFF PADS......

Quick Reply: EBC GREENSTUFF PADS......