C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 12:06 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop

Propaganda is a funny thing. Tell a lie enough, and it will seem like the truth.

LG Motorsports is willing to offer a set of LG Pro Long Tube Headers with Cats to an independent shop to do Back to Back testing against the kooks and dynatech headers.

I want to have final approval of the shop facility and of the car being used. But other than that, I would just like to put to rest the propaganda claims and mis-information that is out here once an for all.

All headers are not created equal, and I think an independent test at a neutral facility is in order here.

What one car does in 36 degree weather with whatever package is of no interest to me, and should be of no interest to most of the educated and informed buyers here. Likewise, one anicdotal unscientific result should also not be of interest either.

So I am offering a loaner set for the prupose of a real true back to back test of an LG Pro Long tube system with Cats for this purpose.

Please keep me posted if there are any interested parties.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Old 03-28-2004, 12:14 PM
MC TORCH RED
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (LG Motorsports)

please hurry, i was just about to order the new kooks headers, i need to know.......... :shocked:
Old 03-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (MC TORCH RED)

TTT :lurk: DEEPLY interested!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

BC
Old 03-28-2004, 12:47 PM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (LG Motorsports)

I'll do it under the following conditions:

1. If your LG headers don't outperform my Kook's, you pay for all charges. uninstall of Kook's, install of your headers, then reinstallation of Kook's plus all new gaskets, shipping, everything.

2. If your headers outperform my Kook's, I'll pay for the uninstall of my Kook's and the install of your LG's including the shipping for yours. If you want the Kook's you can have them for resale. As far as I'm concerned, you have the most to gain from this deal from sales, so you'll have to donate the headers, but I'll send my Kook's back in return. The advertisement you will get from me will more than pay for them.

Trust me. If your headers win, I will plaster it all over this forum. If they don't,
I'll let you off with a silent loss and no dyno posts.

Definition:
Outperform = Your headers create more power and torque than my Kook's.
As much as 1hp is an official win as far as I'm concerned. I'll pay for the before and after dynos.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:51 PM
99 The Hard Way
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (427CPE)

:eek: That's stepping up to the plate- Both of you!!! Can't wait to see the results. Scott
Old 03-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Mikie C
Burning Brakes

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (427CPE)

I'll do it under the following conditions:

1. If your LG headers don't outperform my Kook's, you pay for all charges. uninstall of Kook's, install of your headers, then reinstallation of Kook's plus all new gaskets, shipping, everything.

2. If your headers outperform my Kook's, I'll pay for the uninstall of my Kook's and the install of your LG's including the shipping for yours. If you want the Kook's you can have them for resale. As far as I'm concerned, you have the most to gain from this deal from sales, so you'll have to donate the headers, but I'll send my Kook's back in return. The advertisement you will get from me will more than pay for them.

Trust me. If your headers win, I will plaster it all over this forum. If they don't,
I'll let you off with a silent loss and no dyno posts.

Definition:
As much as 1hp is an official win as far as I'm concerned. I'll pay for the before and after dynos.
Sounds fair to me :yesnod:
Let's hear it Lou
:lurk:
Old 03-28-2004, 12:57 PM
427CPE
Melting Slicks

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (99 The Hard Way)

Just to clear up something. I think the results should be public either way.
Also, outperform = more hp and torque. I don't care how much, but must be more.

LG: You may call at 916-834-0867. I'm out riding my dirt bike, which will stomp all of these Vettes. Its got an FMF exhaust. :D

[Modified by 427CPE, 10:19 AM 3/28/2004]
Old 03-28-2004, 01:03 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop

I'd be more interested in seeing the results on a somewhat stock car. That way the average CF reader would know that brand "A" header made xx more horsepower and torque over stock, and that brand "B" header made xx more than stock.. then the difference between them.

I know that could be spun to represent the supercharged and heads and cam cars as well, but I think that starting with a stockish car is the best head to head for the most readers.

No offense to you 427Cpe, as I don't know you, and have no reason to think you aren't fair minded... but if I were the one offering the test up as Lou is, I wouldn't use your car as the mule, simply because you have parts from a vendor that takes pride in being in opposition to LGM.

[Modified by Tony_C5_04, 10:10 AM 3/28/2004]
Old 03-28-2004, 01:03 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

That didn't take long at all, and it is indeed stepping to the plate. I, for one, am very interested in the outcome.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:18 PM
99blackFRC
Burning Brakes

Just curious.. what "lies" are you referring to? This should be good....
Old 03-28-2004, 01:22 PM
99blackFRC
Burning Brakes

and yes, I too am very interested in the results.. :cheers:
Old 03-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (MC TORCH RED)

I'd be willing to let my car be the mule, if you (LG) would be willing to honor the same stipulations that 427 CPE put in his post. I have no allegience to a particular tuner in Garwood. I would suggest allowing ECS to do the testing, since they have the dyno facilities and have installed both types of headers on Vettes. They also have no axe to grind with any of the two header manufacturers (Kooks or LG) so they would be impartial. :yesnod:
Old 03-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

:cheers:
Fantastic offer. Hopefully we can get a neutral shop that is willing to do the work.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:33 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Quote:
>>>>>I want to have final approval of the shop facility and of the car being used. But other than that, I would just like to put to rest the propaganda claims and mis-information that is out here once an for all. <<<<

427 CPE; Thanks for the offer. I will consider it and any others that want to offer their cars.
I checked out your post history and you are a cartek guy who has constantly downplayed LG Motorsports in your posts. I am not sure that the LG headers can get a fair shake in New Jersey.
All that aside, give me a call and I still might be interested in your car as a test bed if we can find a suitable facility. does your car have cats??

I would rather get a non partisan, independent car in an independent location at a dyno in some state that has no interest in the outcome.

Thanks for the offer, and give me a call to see if we can work this out.

If there are any others who would like to offer their 2001 or 2002 6 speed cars for this test, please let me know.

thanks

Lou G
LGM 972-272-7753
Lou@LGMotorsports.com
Old 03-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Is that state where you'd get a "fair shake" happen to be Texas? ;)
Old 03-28-2004, 01:51 PM
Umrswimr
Team Owner

Location: Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.... DFW, TX
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop (Geneus)

Well, I'm planning on getting a set of LG headers this month... My car is mostly stock (only a cat-back and Halltech TRAP), so I think it's a legitimate comparison.
If you want to use my car, let me know. AFAIK, I have no past bias towards Cartek, LG, or Santa Claus. :jester
We can have the headers installed at 21st MC, Speedtek, LG, or in my garage if you like. All I need is some help, a dyno, and another set of headers to test them against. I would love to help...
:cheers: :cheers:
Old 03-28-2004, 02:11 PM
molon labe
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Definition:
but what about the dynatech headers???

and is "more horsepower and torque" defined by top max power, or by overall area under the curve?

Get notified of new replies

To LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop

Old 03-28-2004, 02:26 PM
myblackC5
Pro

WOW......better than the shoot out! this effect everyone. we should see if carcraft would do the test at westech. one header each day. stock Z06 no mods. then maybe vararam and haltech would want to get in on it.
:chevy
Old 03-28-2004, 02:36 PM
'97 C5
Pro

Great idea...
Old 03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
1 BAD C5
Melting Slicks

Default Re: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop ('97 C5)

This is going to be great. :lurk:

Quick Reply: LG Pro Long Tube header OFFER for Back to Back test at independent shop