C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sims and cat removal questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:58 PM
connellyh
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 sims and cat removal questions

I do not have access to LS1 edit. The closest place I know of is 90 miles away and I don't have the time to drive over there.

My cats are dead. It's time to replace or remove them. Since I'm going to a supercharger setup with long tubes next year, I don't want to waste money on cats. The best option is to remove them. I thought all I had to do was pull the cats and replace the rear O2 sensors with sims. I've been told the $89 regular O2 sims wont work in the rear and I'll need to buy the $199 ones. Help please.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: O2 sims and cat removal questions (connellyh)

All of the O2 simms should be the same. TPIS has them for around $90.
You could send your PCM to Brian at PCMforless and let him set it up for you according to your mods. It might not be quite as optimal as tuning on a dyno, but he does a good job. When you get the mods, he will upgrade it for about $50. Just an option.. :steering:
Old 03-16-2004, 10:32 PM
connellyh
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: O2 sims and cat removal questions (BOTTLE FED)

So, I have to replace all 4 O2 sensors with sims? To compound the problem, I can't send off the PCM because I use my car 6 days a week.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:42 PM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: O2 sims and cat removal questions (BOTTLE FED)

You will only replace the rear sims, which read the condition and efficency of the cats. I don't think you want to replace the front sensors :nono:
The sims will proably be the way to go for you, but Brian does have an "exchange policy" where he will program a PCM for your set-up, mail it to you, and you send him yours when you swap it. You would be looking at about 45min of down time :thumbs:

Get notified of new replies

To O2 sims and cat removal questions

Quick Reply: O2 sims and cat removal questions