C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 passenger side window problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:24 PM
tommyrus11
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 passenger side window problems

My Passenger side window doesn't work any more. The door lock works on that side. What could be the problem? How do I fix it?
Old 12-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 446 Likes on 383 Posts

Default Re: 2000 passenger side window problems (tommyrus11)

I do not have a manual with me.

So first check the fuse. There's a box under the hood and at second box by the passenger feet area.

Else, remove the door panel and see if you have power to the windor motor. Check for loose wires, loose track and binding etc.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:29 AM
SEAMOORE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do an archive search. You'll find lots of info. I started mine back working by removing the door panel and beating on the motor while holding the down button down.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:18 PM
TexasRedZ06
Drifting

This problem is fairly common. I had this happen on both my 2000 and 2003 Corvettes. Sit in the passenger seat..... hold the down button....... shut the door kinda hard..... the window should start working again with only a couple of door shuts.

Trick is to work the windows on the car a few times each week to prevent this from happening.

If shutting the door hard doesn't work, then you have another problem. If neither the driver or passenger control works the passenger window, then the power regulator is either weak or has gone bad. Motor replacment time.

My Passenger side window doesn't work any more. The door lock works on that side. What could be the problem? How do I fix it?
Old 12-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Magredvet
Cruising

Default Re: 2000 passenger side window problems (TexasRedZ06)

As a new member of the Corvette forum, I just have to say how impressed I am with the knowledge of the members.
For three weeks, passenger side window will not roll down......one visit to the forum..............one door slam later.........window works..........priceless
Thanks again ! :cheers:
Old 12-13-2003, 11:37 PM
EWill3rd
Advanced

Default Re: 2000 passenger side window problems (Magredvet)

Don't worry, it will stop working again someday.
You need to replace the window regulator, it comes with the motor.
It has several critical adjustments if it's replaced to ensure the window fore/aft position and vertical stops are set properly. There is also a "tip in" adjustment at the lower stud that is critical in ensuring proper sealing.
Otherwise wind noise and water leaks will abound.

Price one out at your favorite place, make sure to get a quote on installation, you'll want a pro to do it or you'll be very upset with someone, maybe even yourself.

EWill

Get notified of new replies

To 2000 passenger side window problems

Quick Reply: 2000 passenger side window problems