C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Figuring out which mods I have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 11:50 PM
RangerBarrow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figuring out which mods I have?

I know this may seem like a silly question to many, but I am still figuring out the mods that I have on my Vette. I purchased it a few months ago from the dealer and of course they got it from another dealer and/or at auction. Anyways I knew right away the obvious stuff when I saw it - the salesman didnt have a clue that it had any mods- the obvious stuff was Borla Exhaust, BPP Vortex Ram induction clear box and filter, Carbon fiber power duct and coupling. It is a 99 silver coupe with Z51. After perusing the forum I have realized it must have a skip shift deactivator on it cause the light has come on but I have never had a problem shifting - got to get it up on jacks and get under to see what was done. This makes me wonder if there are other mods that have been done that I havent noticed yet. Things that may come to mind are the maf and the throttle body - anyone give me advice on trying to figure out if the are stock or not? Any other mods i should look for? How do you tell a LS1 intake manifold from an LS6?
This is definetly the sucky part about buying a car with no records LOL. But the great thing is it definetly feels much more powerful then other stock vettes I test drove - and bein as the dealer didnt know or care what mods it had I got a good price on it. And no I am not so lucky as to have headers on it - I would definetly notice those LOL. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hoooaahhh
Old 12-01-2003, 12:24 AM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: Figuring out which mods I have? (RangerBarrow)

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbs: When you got the car did you get a "title" that identified the previous owner? You could try giving him/her a call and ask about the mods. Maybe the dealer that sold you the car knows who the previous owner was. I can't answer your questions about the intake but you might get a response or two from members who have changed out the intake and throttle body. Those parts aren't cheap. :nonod: Good luck with your ride. :steering:
Old 12-01-2003, 02:17 AM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Figuring out which mods I have? (Shortimer)

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbs: When you got the car did you get a "title" that identified the previous owner? You could try giving him/her a call and ask about the mods. Maybe the dealer that sold you the car knows who the previous owner was. I can't answer your questions about the intake but you might get a response or two from members who have changed out the intake and throttle body. Those parts aren't cheap. :nonod: Good luck with your ride. :steering:
:iagree: :iagree: :thumbs:
Old 12-01-2003, 02:19 AM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

(RangerBarrow) Welcome to the forum. :seeya :cheers: :cheers: :hurray: :hurray:
Old 12-01-2003, 02:15 PM
RangerBarrow
Advanced

Default Re: Figuring out which mods I have? (Shortimer)

Thanks for the welcome guys. I just finished Claying and Glazing my Vette - this forum is a great source of info.
Unfortunately the dealer has no info on the previouse owners of this vehicle - like i said they either got it from a previous dealer and/or at auction. I had a carfax on it - but that was lost in the paperwork - originally it was a lease vehicle and it has had a few owners. Somewhere along the line someone moded it. At any rate its in good condition and runs strong, the dealer rebuilt the transmission under warranty after I bought it (see my previous posts). Its my first Vette and I really like it alot - the wife is jealous of all the attention it gets.
Hooaahh

[Modified by RangerBarrow, 7:21 PM 12/1/2003]
Old 12-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Monster231
Safety Car

Welcome,
I was in a simlar situation. have the dealer look up the service records, it is really easy to look up previous owners. If it was a lease vehicle, they woudl have record of everything done to the car. Getting that info is not hard. On ether thing you can do is order all the catalogs and thumb through them and try to visually identify what you have.

[Modified by Monster231, 7:34 PM 12/1/2003]
Old 12-01-2003, 02:36 PM
tr18
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Figuring out which mods I have? (LittleBoyBlu99)

(RangerBarrow) Welcome to the forum. :seeya :cheers: :cheers: :hurray: :hurray:
:iagree:

Welcome

Get notified of new replies

To Figuring out which mods I have?

Quick Reply: Figuring out which mods I have?