C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 09:42 AM
boweryboy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday

:cheers: Chris and Doug from ECS for winning the Vette Doctor's Quick 4+4 and coming out on top in the best C5 vs C5 heads up race ever in the finals.

Major Spray (Paul) from Vette Doctors was in the nines all day yesterday and ran a best of 9.80. Paul qualified 1st and cruised through the field to the finals.

Chris ran great all day also and qualified with a 10.0 and also breezed through the field to the finals (on his way he took me down 10.0 to 10.3 when I lost 4th gear).

The finals saw Paul vs Chris which delivered an incredible race!! Chris edged Paul out at the stripe running 9.812 @ 137 vs Paul's 9.951 @ 139!!

Chris was definitely on his game yesterday and his East Coast Supercharging Worlds Fastest Supercharged C5 was the king of the hill yesterday.

Overall, the competition yesterday was intense. One of the quick 4+4 qualifiers during the semi's broke something in the rear at the top end in his highly modified 65 at well over 120MPH which caused him to tag the wall. This was not a pretty picture and had the entire stands gasping. The driver did an incredible job controlling the car and walked away safe and un-injured which is all that really counts.

We also had another scare when Tek Warrior's C5 blew a head gasket during the last round of qualifying. Cartek was trying to get Mike's car into the field by bettering the 10.91 bubble spot in this last attempt. We were all concerned when the flames engulfed the cockpit. Dave did a great job handling the car to a safety station.

All in all it was a great show with an all 10 sec Field. The Vette Doctor's Quick 4 has come a long way this year and is now the premier Heads up Vette Competition in the Country. We can't wait till next year!!!!!

[Modified by boweryboy, 10:52 AM 11/16/2003]
Old 11-16-2003, 09:46 AM
onefast99
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (boweryboy)

You couldn't have said it any better yesterday was a great day for racing. Unfortuneately it was the first time I ever broke anything and it happened on what looked to be an awesome run first time on the nitrous. Great job Vette Drs and ECS and also Cartek for putting on a good show. :hurray:
Old 11-16-2003, 10:15 AM
quimbo
Drifting

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (boweryboy)

Congrats to Major Spray and the Vette Docs by far the best Tuners on the
Entire East Coast :cheers:

QUIMBO :seeya :seeya SEEYAAAH

[Modified by quimbo, 10:16 AM 11/16/2003]
Old 11-16-2003, 10:41 AM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday

:cheers: to all of you.

I've never seen so many 10.0's!!! :eek: :thumbs:
Old 11-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Damn, I guess I better buy a C5, I posted mine at 9:27, no replies, but a C5 guy comes in and gets responses even after posting later :crazy:
Old 11-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

BTW, great job by all the Quick 4+4 competitors and qualifiers,
Old 11-16-2003, 11:25 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Bill I couldnt have said it any better!!!!! What a blast to watch.... Here's the slip from Chris & Pauls Final.... Check out the lights!!!!!

Videos will be up soon!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 11-16-2003, 11:26 AM
TEK WARRIOR
Drifting

:cheers: To Chris for winning the event. :cheers: To Paul for keeping his car together and making it down the track five times in one day.I guess you can say my car went out with a bang! :lol: On the last qualifying pass my car blew a head gasket big time and shot coolant out all over the passenger side header igniting a fire and lots of smoke, it looked a lot worse than it was, it was a Kodak moment, if I run nitrous next year I definetly will not be running a progressive system, I've had solenoid problems all year and I think it was defintely due to the solenoids being "pulsed" with the progressive controller,I had problems on the previous run with the NOS not coming on, so we said f%^k it,and turned the controller off and left on a 300 shot and blew the head gasket, I think the solenoids were already shot from the previous pass.It was the last race of the year and we went ***** out and broke, that's racing, and that's the way it should be. :yesnod:
Old 11-16-2003, 11:32 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (TEK WARRIOR)

Mike that was a pro stock bang dude!! I was in the tower trying to thaw out when it went pop!!! Holy cow man.... Nuts.... did anyone catch it on video??? You crushed Tommys blow up if you ask me!! :D

Glad you were ok and the car isnt in too bad of shape! :cheers:
Old 11-16-2003, 11:35 AM
TEK WARRIOR
Drifting

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (TEK WARRIOR)

Wow, What a close race, unbelievable, dead even reaction times, I'm glad I stayed around to see the final.Congratulations to all the racers who raced in the Quick-4 and the Corvette Challenge and all the tuners, I think it's great that each of the major tuners , Cartek, VetteDoctors, and ECS each won a Quick-4 race this year. :cheers: :hurray:
Old 11-16-2003, 11:47 AM
TEK WARRIOR
Drifting

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (Mike69)

The car is fine, that 410 Iron-block was rock-solid all season,we never touched the motor all year and it has over a dozen 9-second runs and many 10.0's since last April. There are a few videos around, Brent has one I think and JD. :cheers: Again to ECS for winning the event,you guys were the main sponsor and desrved to win one of the events. :thumbs:
Old 11-16-2003, 11:48 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (Mike69)

The Vids are all UP!!!!

Thanks Edgar and Kevin Sharret for shooting them!!!

See them all here!!!!!! >>>>>>> http://www.challengevideos.com/

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 11-16-2003, 12:27 PM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Great day of racing guys for all of you and i'm glad no one got hurt. Goodluck next year to all. :cheers: :thumbs: :party: :party:
Old 11-16-2003, 12:28 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Hey Guy’s

First thing I would like to thank all the sponsors and organizers for ONE GREAT EVENT!!!
The competition was fantastic, as was the sportsmanship.

My day was unreal we took the car of the trailer and ran 9.80 popping all the way down. The next run made adjustments and we ran a 9.9 spinning badly and still popping. Third run after more adjusting not getting any better popping to 10.0. We were scrambling trying to solve the problem but unfortunately we were unable to get it done. Although we lost in the final we did manage to put up the quickest time. (Same track, same day, same DA) and I left in one piece. New record for me six passes and no breakage (thanks to a big delay on the spray). My car surly has more in it and I hope to show its true colors soon.
Thanks again and Congrats to Chris and the whole East Coast Super Charging Gang You guys did a super job.

I still can’t believe the belt didn’t slip after all those rounds great job.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 11-16-2003, 02:47 PM
ZO6 427 LS6
Advanced

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (Major Spray)

Major spray :cheers: on getting it together.
:thumbs: To ECS thats one fast vert.
Old 11-16-2003, 03:23 PM
pdd000
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (ZO6 427 LS6)

congrats to all :cheers:
Old 11-16-2003, 05:05 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Yes it was very exciting to watch. Looks like opening up the Quick 4 to 8 cars and non-points racers was a success.

The eight included three non-point racers.

Sounds like a winning combination....maybe

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday

Old 11-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Mikie C
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (REDGAR)

Congrats to all involved. You guys put on a great show :cheers: really fun to watch. Can't wait 'till next season.

Bill
Nice job on the comentary :thumbs:

'till next time

Mike :flag
Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 PM
brent eb02
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (Mikie C)

:cheers: to all i had a blast

Old 11-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Mag Red Monster
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday (brent eb02)

:cheers: Sounds like a great event! What sort of set up is Chris running?

Quick Reply: Vette Doctors and ECS battle it out for the Fastest C5 on the East Coast Yesterday