C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech Programmer reset?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 10:26 PM
mowrey96
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hypertech Programmer reset?

Anyone kn ow how to reset a Hypertech Power Programmer that is loaded with another VIN #? I bought it used... :banghead:
Old 10-31-2003, 10:58 PM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Hypertech Programmer reset? (mowrey96)

If the original owner has deprogramed his car with the Hypertech Programer that was used to program that car, then it can be used on another car of the same model year.

If the original car programed with the Hypertech Programer was not "deprogramed" then your acquisition is useless for use on your car because it still has the base data from the other car in it and it will not work on your car. I hope everything works out OK for you.

Jim
Old 10-31-2003, 11:48 PM
Fastguy
Team Owner

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'05

Default Re: Hypertech Programmer reset? (Jim 47)

If the original car programed with the Hypertech Programer was not "deprogramed" then your acquisition is useless for use on your car because it still has the base data from the other car in it and it will not work on your car. I hope everything works out OK for you.

Jim
Sorry, but that is the truth. I de-programmed mine when I sold it and I had a bunch of people asking if I did because of that. Maybe you can contact Hypertech.

Get notified of new replies

To Hypertech Programmer reset?

Quick Reply: Hypertech Programmer reset?