C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just had fuel gage TSB (reflash) and fuel gage just went to "E"!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 07:27 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Just had fuel gage TSB (reflash) and fuel gage just went to "E"!

I brought the C5 in for the fuel gauage TSB which re-flashes the computer.
1st a bit of history... my guage has only dropped one time (back in July). I finally schedulled the TSB job for today to get some last minute 3/36 stuff done.

The car had 1/8 tank (I ran it down prior to my visit intentionally). When he finished the job, Mr. GW starts the car up and asks, "how much fuel was in this when you got here?" as he pointed to the "LOW FUEL" text on the DIC and a fuel guage on "E"..."1/8th of a tank" I replied. I asked him to check the range and it had dropped from 88 miles to 25 miles. He turned the car off, restarted it and it returned to 1/8 level.

I guess this proves the re-flash is worthless! Two Mr. Goodwrenches told me that fuel guages are acting up on many GM cars. I guess the sensors are getting jizzed up as advertised in the TSB.

Welp... I'll live with it for now. It is documented and I have my 6/50 extended GM protection to carry me over from Winter on...
Old 09-24-2003, 10:09 PM
quimbo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just had fuel gage TSB (reflash) and fuel gage just went to "E"! (chuck1026)

This is exactly why I hate GM they SUCK THE BIG ONE WHEN IT COMES TO
costumer CARE THEY BLOW BUT THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY HEY GM GO SH _T IN A HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUIMBO :seeya :seeya SEEYAAAH
Old 09-25-2003, 03:12 AM
CalHusker
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Just had fuel gage TSB (reflash) and fuel gage just went to "E"! (chuck1026)

Mine just did the drop to zero thing. Just turned over 32K miles. Had 3/8 tank of gas. Got the Check Gauges light. So I pulled off and Filled up and it reset back to full. I'll try it awhile and see what happens. Glas I got the extended warrenty.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:46 AM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Just had fuel gage TSB (CalHusker)

I guess every generation of Corvettes has some issues... the column lock, rocking seat and fuel tank gremlins will haunt most C5 owners as long as they are in posession of them :rolleyes: . It looks like the reflash was a waste of time for the fuel guage, but maybe I picked up some other refinements with the latest software?!?

Get notified of new replies

To Just had fuel gage TSB (reflash) and fuel gage just went to "E"!

Quick Reply: Just had fuel gage TSB (reflash) and fuel gage just went to "E"!