....Could someone tell me where I would find the TCC Solenoid on a 2000 C5? I take it somewhere inside the tranny pan??? What does it look like and is there anyway of testing to ensure that it's working properly (other than autotap). .....
You are correct that the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) solenoid is internal to the transmission. If you are going to disassemble the transmission you should have a service manual to assist you. A scan tool would be the best way to assess operation of the TCC.
What is the problem that suggests a TCC problem?
The procedure to remove the TCC solenoid includes:
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove transmission oil pan and filter.
- Disconnect the transmission harness 20-way connector.
- Remove the 1-2 accumulator assembly.
- Disconnect the internal wiring harness from:
Transmission fluid pressure switch, 1-2 shift control solenoid, 2-3 shift control solenoid, pressure control solenoid, TCC PWM solenoid (PWM is Pulse Width Modulation), 3-2 solenoid.
- Remove TCC PWM solenoid retainer.
- Remove TCC PWM solenoid in order to gain access to TCC solenoid retaining bolts.
- Remove pressure control solenoid retainer.
- Remove pressure control solenoid
- Remove TCC solenoid retaining bolts and the valve body bolts which retain the internal wiring.
- Release the pass through connector from the transmission case.
- Remove the TCC solenoid
- Inspect the TCC solenoid and wiring.
Access to a service manual is a good idea here.