C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Tech Cat Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 08:21 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Random Tech Cat Install Help

I have a new set of Random Tech cats from WCC. They have 2.75" od straight through ends on them. For now I was going to keep the stock manifolds for a little while (yea, I know, go for the long tubes - I will soon). Anyways, I wanted to run from the manifolds to the Random Techs, then I am going to my Magnaflow x-pipe and into my Corsa's. The proble is with the Random Tech's being straight through and the stock cats being offset.

The way I see it I have 3 choices:

1. Bite the bullett and get the long tube headers. But if I do, will they line up with the RT's or will I need to have some work done there. RT now makes headers for Vettes. Anyone try them? I would imagine they would bolt up.

2. Have a muffler shop make me up something. I can weld but I can't bend the pipe.

3. I understand that RT may make a set of pipes to go from the manifold to their cats. Anyone familiar with this. I'll call them tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone used them.

Thanks

:smash: :smash:
Old 05-29-2003, 06:46 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Random Tech Cat Install Help (78Vette-SA)

TTT :thumbs:
Old 05-29-2003, 05:06 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Random Tech Cat Install Help (78Vette-SA)

Go buy some TPIS headers and be done with it !! :flag
Old 05-29-2003, 09:44 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Random Tech Cat Install Help (bparker)

Go buy some TPIS headers and be done with it !! :flag
I called a number of places today. Every place I spoke to said get the Random Tech X-Pipe which includes the cats and is a slip on to the TPIS headers. Strictly bolt on, no fabrication.

Hated to but got an RMA for the ones I bought and the Magnaflow x-pipe. Now all I need is to find a place that has them in stock for a 98. I'm told they are backed up several weeks at best.

Thanks.... and a beautiful Z you have there! :auto:

Get notified of new replies

To Random Tech Cat Install Help

Quick Reply: Random Tech Cat Install Help