C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with G2 Headers??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 01:17 PM
BigLew
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone with G2 Headers??

Looking for some input on the longtubes that Lou makes, he is very hard to get a hold of. Have a few questions, how is the fit and finish. On the website one picture looks stainless and one looks polished? On the 00 year headers are a little different, how is the PVC location and fit and where does oil stick bolt to. I had to bend it for the B&B shorties and now it leaks. How is the install and the sparkplugs and the wires? Is there enough so they wont touch and burn the wires? I noticed 1 O2 sensor in the collector but nothing in the cats or Xpipe. What's up with that? I'm really sick of trying to decide on which to buy for the vert with the LPE Mag. (TPIS with random and xpipe, LG's longtubes with random cats and xpipe, or the grizzly system from section8racing. Need some help guys, have a good x-pipe now with the PRT's but I don't think it will work. Don't want to make a $2000.00 mistake!! :confused: :thumbs: :)
Old 05-22-2003, 01:24 PM
XKR100
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Re: Anyone with G2 Headers?? (BigLew)

Do a search on hedders in the archives,it will probably take a few days to read all the threads on the subject.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:26 PM
BigLew
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Anyone with G2 Headers?? (XKR100)

Don't see that much. Any help guys?? :confused: :confused:
Old 05-22-2003, 04:11 PM
WCR_Timmy
Intermediate

I have a 2000 coupe and have the G2's installed on mine. The fit & finish is good, although for installation you either have to get your car on a lift to install from the bottom, or take your heads off to install from the top (I put the headers in at the same time as my heads/cam, and I couldn't get them in while the heads were resting on the block).

They are made of 304 stainless (the good stuff), and after 7K miles I've had no issues with the spark plug wires melting. The O2 sensors get an "extension cord" since they get relocated further down, and you'll need O2 simms or LS1 edit to get rid of the post-cat sensors.

If you can wait, LG will be rolling out a cheaper (but just as good) version of these headers in a couple months.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:48 PM
XKR100
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

My first post was just to let you know LG's LT have been talked about alot,so there are a few threads on the subject.Just to let you know I have one of the first 5 sets Lou made 1 1/2 years ago.They are not coated and look like they were just made.The quality is excellent.The fit is very tight,with NO leaks at all.The sound is excellent and with a modded motor,you will feel the gains in Hp and esp. in Tq.Just a suggestion,get a heat and noise shield from Lou for the tunnel and you will ENJOY having these on your car.Do not expect a quick install,you'll need a lift for the car and also,I like a little prevention so I put on a set of kevlar heatsocks on my spark plug wires just in case.
Jerry :cheers:
Old 05-22-2003, 05:53 PM
DS
Instructor

The LG headers are awesome headers, great quality. If you want answers to specific questions E-mail or IM Godspeed. He is their rep on this board and he can help ya out.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:01 AM
NIGHTMARE...2001
Burning Brakes

I've got the LGM LT's, and they're worth the premium price! Lot's of HP & torque! Make no mistake...you will feel the difference immediately!!! :yesnod:
Old 05-23-2003, 01:33 AM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

They are the best headers on the market. If you are willing to spend $2000 on headers, you will not be dissappointed.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone with G2 Headers??

Quick Reply: Anyone with G2 Headers??