C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver power seat going up on ignition

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 07:57 PM
ckreider33
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Driver power seat going up on ignition

I know there are grounds that need cleaning but not sure which one is causing this problem. Power seat works fine when key is in On position.. when engine starts the seat starts moving upward/forward. If I press power seat button down it will stop moving but as soon as release the button it keeps moving. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:24 AM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 513 Likes on 429 Posts

Most likely the switch is bad.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:25 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

Is the Easy Entry turned 'ON' under OPTIONS in the DIC? If yes, turned it off to see if that stops the issue from happening.
The following users liked this post:
yellow2007 (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 01:49 PM
ckreider33
Advanced

Thank you for the replies.
It doesn’t have memory option so there is no Easy Entry to change setting on.
I will look into the switch, I have to figure out which one and how to test it so probably in a few days I’ll know if it’s the switch. No power to passenger door too after cleaning connector, so maybe bad switch there as well. I’ve never checked a switch before so I’ll try to figure it out. I have a multimeter but I think with these switches they need to be hooked up to a 12v battery to test them.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:52 PM
BobCasteel
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The programming is set to allow you to exit with seat automatically slid back. Put the key in and the seat moves to the #1 or #2# programmed position. Programming done in the DIC ! Fix it and you will love it! Especially if it’s a manual!
Old 04-17-2024, 01:50 PM
ckreider33
Advanced

Originally Posted by BobCasteel
The programming is set to allow you to exit with seat automatically slid back. Put the key in and the seat moves to the #1 or #2# programmed position. Programming done in the DIC ! Fix it and you will love it! Especially if it’s a manual!
That’s cool but I said it doesn’t have the memory option. I removed the circuit for driver power seat and that has fixed the problem of the seat automatically moving upon engine ignition, but now there’s no power seat.

Get notified of new replies

To Driver power seat going up on ignition

Quick Reply: Driver power seat going up on ignition