C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

double din install

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 11:44 AM
tigz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to those who have posted details and pics of your installs. What double din bezel did you use and are you happy with it? The fit and finish look pretty good.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:39 PM
ABACUS
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tigz06
Thanks to those who have posted details and pics of your installs. What double din bezel did you use and are you happy with it? The fit and finish look pretty good.
I bought the Metra DP-3021B Dash Kit from Crutchfield. It's matte black and has a slightly smoother texture than the stock; however, you really have to look close to notice. It worked just fine for my interior.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_120DP3...tte-Black.html
Old 03-27-2024, 06:12 AM
4show
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ABACUS
I bought the Metra DP-3021B Dash Kit from Crutchfield. It's matte black and has a slightly smoother texture than the stock; however, you really have to look close to notice. It worked just fine for my interior.

curious to know how your system sounds after install. I think my Bose system sounds great with factory HU. What changes that when installing a new updated HU?
Old 03-27-2024, 06:50 AM
ABACUS
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4show
curious to know how your system sounds after install. I think my Bose system sounds great with factory HU. What changes that when installing a new updated HU?
Don't get me started on the Blows speakers, errr, I mean the Bose speakers. I applaud GM for reusing parts to keep the Corvette price down, but they really should have spent a bit more on some things. As for the speakers, Bose should never have allowed their name to be put on such crap.

Anyhow, the speakers sound the same to me. My goal was to add functionality more than change the sound. I now have a HU that is compatible with both Android and Apple, so I can have access to navigation apps as well as hand-free calls. I have a backup camera. Also, I was living in Germany at the time so the HU is for the EU which allows me to tune into all the radio stations (try changing your US radio an even number like 90.8) as well as the EU digital radio stations using the DAB+ antenna.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:04 AM
4show
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=ABACUS;1607660346]Don't get me started on the Blows speakers, errr, I mean the Bose speakers. I applaud GM for reusing parts to keep the Corvette price down, but they really should have spent a bit more on some things. As for the speakers, Bose should never have allowed their name to be put on such crap.

Anyhow, the speakers sound the same to me. My goal was to add functionality more than change the sound. I now have a HU that is compatible with both Android and Apple, so I can have access to navigation apps as well as hand-free calls. I have a backup camera. Also, I was living in Germany at the time so the HU is for the EU which allows me to tune into all the radio stations (try changing your US radio an even number like 90.8) as well as the EU digital radio stations using the DAB+ antenna.[/QUOTE

thanks, that’s what I wanted to hear. I have a 2000 and don’t know why they hadn’t put a hands free HU in a car of that price anyway?? And what about navigation. I guess they not want you to talk on the phone or have direction like all the other cars.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:32 PM
tigz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ABACUS

Thanks, that's what I figured.

Quick Reply: double din install