C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 BCM Circuit Board diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 06:37 PM
Trog
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 2001 BCM Circuit Board diagram

Tried an advanced search & not finding an actual answer... I have FSM for pin outs & wiring diagrams external to the BCM. However, I want to know about the BCM board itself. When you look at it, there are 2 honest to goodness relays soldered onto the circuit board. They appear connected to the pin outs for driving the Colum Lock (C3 pin A6 & A8) I'm just curious if they might be the power swap relays for the Column Lock?

We are getting a B2592 with key off. Key on, it actually clears to history... but we are also getting pull key wait 10 seconds every time. Already has an LMC5 installed. Pretty sure this car also had the recall as owner had the K harness in his possession...

FSM is a bit "lacking" on its diagnostics for this code. Code is set by "internal malfunction" An open or short to ground on column lock drive B circuit. I've read the section several times & still have not seen where it says which circuit is A &/or B?? I'm assuming it's the flip between polarity to drive the lock pin motor...

Anyway per FSM, Fuse is good (step 2). Power is at pin A4 connector 3 (at all times/key on/off) Step 3. Intermittent on Pin A4(step 6) - pulled pin & tightened connector. no change... Next step in the chart is 8, program rpo for a new BCM. Thanks for nothing.

So, thinking I will pull the BCM board again, at least resolder the pins on those 2 relays. I didn't really see anything amiss anywhere under the magnifier last time though...

Last edited by Trog; 09-15-2023 at 07:23 PM. Reason: fix an error on pin a4 power
Old 09-15-2023, 07:38 PM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 518 Likes on 434 Posts

Only the 97, and 98 I believe had column lock relay inside the BCM, latter years had the external column lock relay.
Old 09-16-2023, 04:19 PM
Trog
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think all manual cars have the external relay mounted above the BCM... LMC5 directions have you remove on manual cars anyway.

So... pulled the BCM board & of the two relays on the board, one had an open on the coil pins... So, I removed it, Siemens T72m5d155-12-08 number I could not find an xref on digikey or general google search. But I had a bag of Panasonic 255-1240-ND that I use to fix door modules, rated at 15a so figured what the hell.. Soldered in, back in the car. Low & behold all errors are now GONE on BCM. Sometimes persistence is not futile...
The following users liked this post:
Dads2kconvertible (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 08:39 PM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 518 Likes on 434 Posts

Good going.

Get notified of new replies

To 2001 BCM Circuit Board diagram

Quick Reply: 2001 BCM Circuit Board diagram