C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brake line replacement FYI

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 10:52 PM
yellowGS
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Rear brake line replacement FYI

Purchased a set of Power Stop braided steel brake lines to replace the 20 year old lines on my ‘03.

Just an FYI to anyone who hasn’t done this before, you cannot use the replacement brackets that come with the kit. The rear lines are mounted behind a relay of some type (would appreciate if someone could tell me what it is). The bracket for the brake line shares a mounting bolt.

You will have to first remove the unit in front of the brake line by disconnecting the electrical connector and the arm that attaches to the upper control arm. It’s easiest to remove the bracket with the line and then relocate the bracket and clip over to the new line. Care is needed not to damage the retainer clip, I was able to use a small screwdriver to wedge between the clip and the line to pry it loose.

On reinstall, I found it easiest to temporarily mount the line and bracket to allow the connection to the hard line. I snuggled up the line, but left a bit of movement to allow the line to be connected to the calliper.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:54 PM
arthursc2
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts

That's the ride height control sensor. I assume you have the magnetic ride suspension
Old 07-11-2023, 10:56 PM
yellowGS
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
That's the ride height control sensor. I assume you have the magnetic ride suspension
Yes, thanks for the info!

Get notified of new replies

To Rear brake line replacement FYI

Quick Reply: Rear brake line replacement FYI