C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the vette doctors DID IT......AGAIN !!! 422 rwhp & 411 rwtq

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 12:45 AM
STEALTH C-5
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (John Shiels)

What's this?Fighting amongst VD customers :lol: :lol: Looks like Pegasus is a little too sensitive,all you did was congratulate him. :nono: Shame on you John Shiels,how dare you insult another VD customer.I think you guys should settle this with a race. :steering:
Old 01-24-2003, 02:11 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: (John Shiels) (STEALTH C-5)

Hey Mike we agree for once :D :hurray: :lol: :seeya

and he sends this

like i said... you need to grow up. because it seems to me like you have nothing better to do than to try and convince your-self that you're a good driver. as far as "driving circles around me" that's another perfect example of something an uneducated high shool punk would say. how can you make a comment like that with-out any facts on my background and driving abilities.you don't even know me .....
i happen to have attended skip barber in ct. and bondurant racing academy in az. where your tought the true dynamics and physics of racing and are tought in f1 cars which is the ultimate as far as track racing goes .and as far as the other stupid comment you made on the work thats been done to my car. there is a lot more going on there than the picture shows. you went ahead though, and assumed that you could "bolt all those things on in a couple days" with-out even knowing what's going on inside the car... let me put it to you this way i have well over $25,000 in modifications on this car and have turned it into something really special and unique . and last but not least the only one with insecurities here my friend is you ..... because if i had read a thread on the forum that was simply praising somebodys mechanics on the phenominal work they did on their car the right thing to do as a fellow corvette owner would be to congradulate them. not make stupid comments on my own driving skills. sounds to me like you need all the attention. which is a classic characteristic of someone who is immature, insecure and always feels like they have something to prove... GROW-UP

[Modified by John Shiels, 2:14 AM 1/24/2003]
Old 01-24-2003, 08:28 AM
PEGUSUS
Heel & Toe

Default Re: (John Shiels) (John Shiels)

dyno #'s alone may not win races...... but they certainly help in doing so !!!
Old 01-24-2003, 01:57 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I am with you John Shields, many members here post dyno #'s like it's the end of all be all. Yes, dynos do not win races and yes driver skills play a big part of any vehicle performance. Now, you have those out there who can care less about any form of racing and drive around with big power and zaino on their cars. :D To each is own, fighting about it won't resolve anything. Hell, for me, it just gives me something more to laugh about. I laugh at guys here who shout out big dyno numbers and then drive on the streets missing gears or getting beat by lesser HP cars. Or better yet, there are those who go the track are run awful numbers with all those horses under hood. Wait, and then you have those with ZAINO as a modification. Maybe I am different, I've been told many times that I am NOT the typical Vette owner who are for the most part perceived as...all SHOW, all BRAG and no GO :troll

[Modified by Myhardtop, 1:00 PM 1/24/2003]
Old 01-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Gash Hunter
Advanced

Default edit!!! (John Shiels)

Hey John Shiels, if Pegusus is so secure why is he even bothering to respond to any negitive coments. Sounds like he is the one that needs to grow up. "Nice # good luck" seeems like a positive response to his post. I agree dynos don't win races. :lol: Guess some guys are sensitive. I thought only women were sensitive.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:18 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: (John Shiels) (PEGUSUS)

My final thoughts are again it had nothing to do with his numbers or dyno/post. It is something that's been in my signature for 1.5-2 years. Numbers don't really mean anything to me. I posted mine because some were curious. If you like to post them it is fine also and fun. I just never did anything but say congradulation and feel I got FLAMED. I have thick skin and can take the heat. :D :steering: safe all!
Old 01-24-2003, 08:16 PM
thegypsie
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Man was I :confused: when this thread took a turn.

I think I referred to that "Dyno's don't win races thing" when I posted my cam install results from the Vette Doctors back 10/02. I remembered your sig John and thought I better remind everyone that my bigger numbers didn't mean it would translate to the track (yet ;) ) just to get me off the hook from ball bustin :lol: . Needless to say this seems a bit overblown.

Congrats to everyone that has recently received additional power from The Vette Doctors. :hurray:
Old 01-24-2003, 08:19 PM
my00c5
Melting Slicks

Default Re: The Vette Doctors RULE !!! 01' Z06 gets 422rwhp & 411rwtq w/just cam & ls1 edit!!! (PEGUSUS)

:cheers: :cheers:

[Modified by my00c5, 8:21 PM 1/24/2003]
Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: The Vette Doctors RULE !!! 01' Z06 gets 422rwhp & 411rwtq w/just cam & ls1 edit!!! (my00c5)

Incredible #'s

:cheers:
Old 01-24-2003, 11:46 PM
PEGUSUS
Heel & Toe

Default Re:

alright john it seems like we both got a little carried away here. it's just that your compliment was later smothered with "dyno #'s don't win races" and whether or not that statement is part of your sig , it came across as a sarcastic comment. i was also later surprised to learn that you're a vette doctors customer also(vette doctors customers should'nt be argueing, in-fact this situation got blown way out of proportion, but then again a little controversy never hurt anybody). anyway i'm on the forum for the soul purpose of sharing advice and comparing notes with other fellow vette addicts, not to criticize or compare my car or my driving skills with anybody elses. anyway on that note, i would like to apologize for the misunderstanding. i got a bit defensive because i have put a lot of time and money into this car. anyway....... i guess we'll meet in person on dyno-day. i look forward to meeting you and the rest of the guys.
nick(pegusus)
My final thoughts are again it had nothing to do with his numbers or dyno/post. It is something that's been in my signature for 1.5-2 years. Numbers don't really mean anything to me. I posted mine because some were curious. If you like to post them it is fine also and fun. I just never did anything but say congradulation and feel I got FLAMED. I have thick skin and can take the heat. :D :steering: safe all!
Old 01-25-2003, 12:22 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Re: Re: (PEGUSUS)

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
Old 01-25-2003, 04:23 PM
boweryboy
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Re: (PEGUSUS)

Nick,

John is a real nice guy. a little Sarcastic :D but a nice guy none the less. You will have a blast st the dyno day and meet some real great people.

Nice numbers again!! :cheers:

Bill

Old 01-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Re: (boweryboy)

Wooooo!! Those are some awesome #s.
Phillip :rofl:

[Modified by Phil97SVT, 9:45 PM 1/25/2003]

Quick Reply: the vette doctors DID IT......AGAIN !!! 422 rwhp & 411 rwtq