C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secondary air pump po code 410

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2022, 05:54 PM
Hummerbuyer
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secondary air pump po code 410

I need some help. I have a PO 14 code so I’m replacing all the airline valves and lines below the battery. but on the back of the firewall on the passenger side, I have found two black air lines. One goes in the AC wire loom, and I’m not sure where the other line goes to. It’s in a separate bundle of wires, and it is broken to, so if someone could tell me, possibly where that went or had some pictures would be great, also, how many total black airlines are in wire looms behind the motor ??? Thanks , how many total black air lines are in wire looms behind the motor
Old 10-15-2022, 06:39 PM
Gixxerman

Received 3,772 Likes on 2,144 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Welcome to the Forums.. moved you here to C5 Tech good luck
Old 10-15-2022, 11:00 PM
purrvert
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:06 PM
kkupec02
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 95 Posts

Welcome.
Old 10-16-2022, 12:08 PM
Hummerbuyer
5th Gear

Default Thanks for the photo,

I have seen it many times and is the best one for this area, BUT I NEED info on the lines that run down to this point, mostly in the wire looms on the back of firewall, I found and replaced the one that runs to the A/C but in a separate WIRE LOOM I found another black plastic vacuum line that is broken and not sure what this line does, I haven't had time to trace it, also does anyone know how many total # of black plastic vac tubes are in any wire looms running to the passenger side of the car. Thanks
Old 10-16-2022, 03:13 PM
oelarse
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 266 Likes on 202 Posts

An AIR pump is used on this vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The PCM supplies a ground to the AIR pump relay, which energizes the AIR pump.

The PCM monitors the HO2S voltages to diagnose the AIR system.

During the AIR test, the PCM activates the AIR pump during closed loop operation. When the AIR is activated, the PCM monitors the HO2S voltages and short term fuel trim values for both banks of the engine. If the AIR system is operating properly, the HO2S voltages should go low and the short term fuel trim should go high.

If the PCM determines that the HO2S voltages for both banks did not respond as expected during the tests, DTC P0410 sets. If only one sensor responded, the PCM sets either a DTC P1415 or P1416 to indicate on which bank the AIR system is inoperative.

Do you have vacuum at all on any of these lines when engine is runnning ?
All of these items in this diagram (fuse,relay, pump , solonoid )must be operating in order to get oxygen pumped into the exhaust manifoils

Old 10-16-2022, 07:16 PM
Hummerbuyer
5th Gear

Thanks I understand all that and thank you for that info, very helpful but at this point I just need to know about the black air lines that runs in the wire looms that feed vacuum off the back of the intake, so how many of these black air lines are in these wire looms, I have found 2, 1 that goes to the A/C it was located in one of the wire looms, I found a second one in a different wire loom and it was broken and not sure where it goes, I haven’t had time to trace where it goes, it might be the one off the back of the manifold? But anyway do you know how many total of these black plastic lines runs behind the motor that supply vacuum? How many different wire looms are the located in ? Thanks
Old 10-17-2022, 11:01 AM
oelarse
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

As the photo above shows , only one line goes from the vacuum tank into the the car and feeding vacuum to the vacuum solonoids .

It is a drain into the engineroom shown on this photo (rubber elbow)

Old 10-17-2022, 10:24 PM
Hummerbuyer
5th Gear

Thanks for the reply, still confused, but I think I figured out that basically the vacuum port off the back of the manifold that had a vacuum line that runs out of it across the back of the motor and runs to the bottom of the check valve that runs up to the vacuum tank, so there’s only 1 line that feeds vacuum to all this. Any ideas if I need to replace the line that comes off the back of the intake? I think it may be cracked….. also what view is your second photo? Looks like under the car? Anyway look forward to your reply. Thanks
Old 10-18-2022, 05:38 AM
oelarse
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

The line number 1 (vacuum source on intake) is going strait to the bottom of the tank
The line number 2 is going to the air solonoid
The line number 3 is going to the vacuum manifoil inside the car

Here is a very good write up with good pictures of the vacuumlines inside the car

Hope this helps

Old 10-18-2022, 07:06 AM
Hummerbuyer
5th Gear

Thanks finally some good pictures! I’ve saw some of these but not others. Any good way to access the #1 line where it leaves the intake ? We think that’s where the line is broke and hopefully by not taking off the intake……. Is there a way to supply vacuum to line # 1 from a different source ?
Old 10-18-2022, 01:25 PM
oelarse
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

This is how it looks like on the rear side of the intake . If you have long , small fingers you may are able to remove the rubber elbow .
Connect a new plastic line to the rubber elbow and reconnect the rubber elbow back onto the sourcepoint on the intake(below the MAP sensor).
If not this works out I think you have to remove the intake

Get notified of new replies

To Secondary air pump po code 410