C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 02:13 PM
jakvette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default AIR pump

Hi folks,

I have a 1999 corvette and the smog pump kept blowing the fuse . On investigation I found the AIR pump was seized so I found one on EBay and had it shipped over .
I have just looked at the two pumps and there are slight differences between the two .
1) The connectors are different in that the replacement pump only has two wires which feed the pump motor . The oem pump has a 3 wire connector which feeds the pump motor as well as an internal solenoid which must have opened when the pump motor ran.

I can swap out the connectors but which of the two positive wires will be used along with the black wire to run the pump ? Can the third wire presumably for the solenoid be left disconnected . ?

Is the wire that feeds the solenoid from the pcm ? If so this will obviously not carry any major load so I do not want to mix up the wires and take out my ecm .
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am putting the pump back into the system because of the engine check lights and service vehicle soon indications. I know I can delete the smog pump and the system but I do not have the software and neither will anyone else have in SA .

thanks again

Regards,

john