C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 09:12 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers

Seems to be a hot topic lately.. Anyhow, spent the day getting the wideband to work on the dyno today so I stuck my car on there for testing it out - made 11 pulls. Since the last time on the dyno a couple weeks ago I changed nothing except the exhaust from a corsa indy to a Z06 Ti. The highest dyno today was like .2rwhp'tq less then the Indy - the worst was 3rwhp/4tq less then the Indy. I only made two pulls the last time but at the 360rwhp level the Ti doesnt loose much. When I put my heads on next week we'll see what happens but so far I'm liking this Ti exhaust..
Old 01-03-2003, 10:55 AM
UtahVince
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (kp)

Glad to hear the Ti doesn't give up that much to an aftermarket exhaust. I'll be installing my newly acquired takeoff Ti next week (to replace a stock exhaust). Can't wait to enjoy the sight- and sound- and power- improvements!
Old 01-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (UtahVince)

I have a ZO6 and the Ti is a MUST have option for the 98. I cant see shelling out $800-1000 bucks for an exhaust on a basically stock 98 when the Ti performs outstanding and sounds EXCELLENT. The weight savings alone is worth the change over!

I picked up a TI set up just the other day for $575. As soon as it arrives its on the 98. YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :steering: :thumbs:
Old 01-03-2003, 01:02 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (Bill Curlee)

Higher horsepower cars will probably suffer more but to be honest it would be worth 10rwhp to me to make the car more enjoyable to drive. I know some people like it loud and obviously this exhaust wont make them happy. The Ti systems are still pretty expensive, you can buy a used aftermarket system for around the same money as a Z06 so its just personal choice..
Old 01-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs:
Old 01-03-2003, 05:51 PM
FredC7
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 158 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (UtahVince)

Glad to hear the Ti doesn't give up that much to an aftermarket exhaust. I'll be installing my newly acquired takeoff Ti next week (to replace a stock exhaust). Can't wait to enjoy the sight- and sound- and power- improvements!
Z06 TI - I gotum - I putum - I likeum! :cheers: Go getum!

Old 01-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,924 Likes on 5,330 Posts

Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (FredC5)

Those numbers are well within the 1% error on a Dyno Jet if that was what you were running on. You could have had the same difference just dynoing with the Corsa's. I would say you didn't give anything up at all.
Bill
Old 01-04-2003, 09:38 PM
C6~Missle
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (Bill Dearborn)

Thanks for the info.. I just put on the Z06 Ti exh on my 99 FRC.
Can't say I notice any power gains.. but the sound, looks and weight are excellent. It may not flow any better... but the weight savings alone is worth some performance gain..
This is a great upgrade for those who want to keep the sound at reasonable levels but still want to know they are in a sports car. No more resonance!
mike
:D
Old 01-04-2003, 11:25 PM
kp
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (Bill Dearborn)

Those numbers are well within the 1% error on a Dyno Jet if that was what you were running on. You could have had the same difference just dynoing with the Corsa's. I would say you didn't give anything up at all.
Bill
I agree, but since I have pretty much unlimited access to a dynojet I usually dyno a couple times a month if I'm bored, sometimes just for the heck of it. The avg is a few HP less so I think I lost a tiny bit - this car is remarkably consistant on the dyno (given the same CF). Probably if I dynod a few more times and didnt change anything it would get closer. I'm sure after the 400rwhp level it might start hurting a bit but I'll never know since I'm leaving this exhaust on :cheers:

Just looking through a bunch of pulls I found two that were almost identical with the converter unlocked, the blue line is with the corsa and the red line is the Ti - but most times the corsa won out a bit but like you said 3 or 4rwhp is about the margin of error anyhow..

[Modified by kp, 11:39 PM 1/4/2003]
Old 01-05-2003, 08:53 AM
GHT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers (C5~Missle)

This is a great upgrade for those who want to keep the sound at reasonable levels but still want to know they are in a sports car. No more resonance!
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Old 01-05-2003, 01:08 PM
danielschulzjr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant comment on the hp gain or loss over the corsas but the difference from stock to ti seems to be obvious, at least the sop change is very noticeable. Then there is the weight savings and NO mid range resonance!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers

Quick Reply: Z06 Ti exhuast Vs Corsa Indy dyno numbers