C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Active Handling

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 06:46 PM
KyRo6
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Service Active Handling

I have seen a couple threads about this before, but it seemed that the error happened randomly so this is a bit different.

My friend and I were installing a dash kit and new head unit and when we did, we had to unplug the active handling button. While this was unplugged, we did get an error to service the active handling. After we were done and everything was installed and hooked up, the error has not gone. My buddy tried to see if he could clear the code, but his reader was showing no codes and all clear. I do have the active handling light lit on the dash, but no check engine light. Is this something that will just go away in time or is there a way to clear this?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2022, 07:36 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Use the DIC to read and reset the code. If the service light is on then there is a code. Most less expensive scanners will not pick up all C5 codes...The DIC will. Info on using the DIC is easy to fine with a simple search.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:06 AM
MetalMan2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,025 Likes on 651 Posts

Try this: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-handling.html
Old 02-17-2022, 03:34 PM
KyRo6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BigGun
Use the DIC to read and reset the code. If the service light is on then there is a code. Most less expensive scanners will not pick up all C5 codes...The DIC will. Info on using the DIC is easy to fine with a simple search.
thanks guys. I just gave this a shot. I found the code, cleared it and the active handling light went away on my dash for about 2 second then came right back on. Any idea?
Old 02-17-2022, 03:44 PM
MetalMan2
Melting Slicks

What's the code that comes back?
Old 02-17-2022, 04:23 PM
KyRo6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MetalMan2
What's the code that comes back?
comes back as 28-TCS C1282 H C

Yeah I gave it another shot and it cleared, then came back a second later
Old 02-17-2022, 04:31 PM
MetalMan2
Melting Slicks

Looks like that code is related to the yaw sensor, which according to this post resides at the left-rear of the bottom section of the radio cage: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1602539162

Maybe it just got unplugged from the yaw sensor? Or maybe the wiring got damaged?
Old 02-17-2022, 05:11 PM
KyRo6
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MetalMan2
Looks like that code is related to the yaw sensor, which according to this post resides at the left-rear of the bottom section of the radio cage: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1602539162

Maybe it just got unplugged from the yaw sensor? Or maybe the wiring got damaged?
I appreciate the help. We are going to take a look at it. Hopefully if a wire got damaged, it's not too crazy of a replacement.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling

Quick Reply: Service Active Handling