C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech 2 Scan Tool / Service Ride Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 10:02 AM
fastboat19
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech 2 Scan Tool / Service Ride Control

My 98 model C5 has aftermarket struts and I was told that the "Service Ride Control" can not be disabled with a Tech 2 scan tool. Only the 2000 models and up
are removeable. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 11-12-2021, 08:28 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 813 Likes on 431 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Yes, it can. My 99 has it disabled.

You MUST unplug the F45 Computer (located in drivers side rear storage well in hatch area) and LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED.

Reprogram the BCM to delete the F45 option.

Remove the additional control arm sensors and links if you so desire.

If you plug your F45 controller back in, the option will automatically repopulate in the BCM and you'll be back to square 1.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:50 PM
fastboat19
8th Gear

Hey, thanks so much......thats great news. Im so tired of those alarms. Can I also remove the TPMS in the same manner? Again, thanks for
your reply.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:51 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 813 Likes on 431 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

The TPMS I'm not so sure about......I haven't heard of that specifically being done, but if you want to, grab a TPMS/Keyless receiver from a 01+ ZO6 which didn't come with TPMS, and then a couple of cheap 01+ fobs and convert the system over. That WILL work.

Another option you have for the suspension.....you can put resistors on the wiring for the control arm sensors and "trick" the system into thinking everything is good. I'm not sure off hand what the resistor values would need to be, but I just recently did it to a Buick Lucerne using less than $20 of resistors from Amazon and it worked like a champ. Do some searching, I bet the values are buried here on the forum somewhere.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:34 PM
fastboat19
8th Gear

Hey Thanks Fastbird........I did install the resistors some time ago and it worked for a while but now Im getting the alarms again......so I thought the Tech tool would be a more
permanent and better option now. Also, if the Tech Tool will not remove the TPMS, then Ill pursue your advice on the other option for sure. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:56 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

Posted a response to you in another thread.

The F45 on your 98 can be removed with the Tech2. TPMS cannot be removed on 1997 to 2000 model year cars. TPMS can be removed from 2001 - 2004 cars. This is due to programing changes in the BCM for the Z06 that did not come with TPMS.
I have done the F45 removal on several cars. Here are the instructions.

Originally Posted by john_d. View Post
Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to buy one.

There is a little more to turning off the F45 than shown in that link. It shows how to get to the correct menu but not the things you have to do in order to make the delete permanent. Here are the steps:

1. Hook up Tech 2, turn car on, make sure module in the rear is plugged in. Do not unplug the rear module.
2. Use Tech 2 to delete the F45 option (F55 does not appear on the menu screen, use F45).
3. Save new configuration.
4. Do not turn car off, do not remove Tech 2. Go to the module in the rear of the car, unplug the grey connector (the widest one), leave any other plug(s) in. [leave the other 1 (F45) or 2 (F55) plugged in]
5. Turn off car, leave Tech 2 plugged in.
6. Remove remaining plugs from module in the rear of car. [never plug them back in again, if you do the F45 turns on automatically]
7. Turn car on to verify the "max speed 80 mph" is gone.
8. Unplug Tech 2.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...f-tech2-9.html
Post #165

Follow these instruction exactly and F45 will be gone. I do recommend removing the F45 module from the back of the car after disconnecting the cables. This will prevent anyone from reconnecting the module.

Gary
The following users liked this post:
c5007Alvarado (09-30-2023)
Old 11-12-2021, 11:08 PM
fastboat19
8th Gear

Hey thanks SilverC54me....... I appreciate all your advice and suggestions on these issues. Ill definitely follow your instructions on the Tech2 procedure for the
Ride Control issue for this has been a pest for a long time. Also, due to age of the car Im sure most of the TPMS sensors are bad so I was just hoping to be
able to remove this system all together. Not sure what I can do now other than replacing all the sensors. Again, thanks for all your and other members advice
for I have learned alot from you all on here. I cant say enough about how much I appreciate all of your help. Im an old guy just trying to enjoy the car while I can.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:07 PM
Txsailor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverC54me
Posted a response to you in another thread.

The F45 on your 98 can be removed with the Tech2. TPMS cannot be removed on 1997 to 2000 model year cars. TPMS can be removed from 2001 - 2004 cars. This is due to programing changes in the BCM for the Z06 that did not come with TPMS.
I have done the F45 removal on several cars. Here are the instructions.

Originally Posted by john_d. View Post
Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to buy one.

There is a little more to turning off the F45 than shown in that link. It shows how to get to the correct menu but not the things you have to do in order to make the delete permanent. Here are the steps:

1. Hook up Tech 2, turn car on, make sure module in the rear is plugged in. Do not unplug the rear module.
2. Use Tech 2 to delete the F45 option (F55 does not appear on the menu screen, use F45).
3. Save new configuration.
4. Do not turn car off, do not remove Tech 2. Go to the module in the rear of the car, unplug the grey connector (the widest one), leave any other plug(s) in. [leave the other 1 (F45) or 2 (F55) plugged in]
5. Turn off car, leave Tech 2 plugged in.
6. Remove remaining plugs from module in the rear of car. [never plug them back in again, if you do the F45 turns on automatically]
7. Turn car on to verify the "max speed 80 mph" is gone.
8. Unplug Tech 2.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...f-tech2-9.html
Post #165

Follow these instruction exactly and F45 will be gone. I do recommend removing the F45 module from the back of the car after disconnecting the cables. This will prevent anyone from reconnecting the module.

Gary
Does this work on the 2004? I have heard it can't be done on them.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:20 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

I have heard the same regarding 2004's. Have never tried it on a 2004.

Gary
Old 11-13-2021, 10:28 PM
Txsailor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rear shocks feel like they are shot. They don't leak but the rear bottoms out on about every bump and I would sure like to get rid of the F55!

Get notified of new replies

To Tech 2 Scan Tool / Service Ride Control

Quick Reply: Tech 2 Scan Tool / Service Ride Control