C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pcr

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 02:41 PM
BillD1956
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pcr

PCR

Has anyone used this product. If so thoughts please?
Old 10-14-2021, 02:52 PM
mmartinez
Melting Slicks

Received 513 Likes on 429 Posts

Never used this product, I am rather skeptical about the advertised power and improved fuel economy, it plugs into the air intake sensor and changes the resistor values to supposedly give the optimum air fuel ratio.
Old 10-14-2021, 04:29 PM
RedRiderZR1
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Just like it was mentioned above, it plugs into your IAT sensor. It tricks your computer into thinking it is ingesting colder air. I provided below the table from hp tuners that show what your 2003 corvettes settings are for the IAT sensor. Not really any different for all the other c5 years. As you can see, anything under 95 degrees intake air temp it does not change the spark. I guess for people living in hot locations (Arizona) this could be helpful for the summertime or maybe not (pinging, then knock retard). Mostly though, you would be better off with a cold air intake to keep your intake temperatures down. It really won't do anything usually no matter how cold they set the resistor valve in this product. Depending on the temp they trick it to do, it could cause other issues related to the IAT. For instance, if they trick it to -40 degrees, closed-loop enable won't be enabled until 140 degrees coolant temp from the usual 93 degrees. Looks like you can get back 5 lb-ft of torque from running the AC if it's fooled to -40 degrees.

Best to get a good cold air intake, that would do more than this product would.

Last edited by RedRiderZR1; 10-14-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pcr

Quick Reply: Pcr