C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers Side HID low beam not working. Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 01:56 PM
masksqueeze
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Drivers Side HID low beam not working. Can someone help me troubleshoot?

I bought a 2004 Z06 with an HID kit installed. The drivers side low beam went out. Is there a bulb inside the projector that I can replace? The high beam comes on when the brights are engaged. Keep in mind they have worked for months previously, since I’ve had the car.

I searched the board and didn’t see anything specific. Thanks I’m advance.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by masksqueeze
I bought a 2004 Z06 with an HID kit installed. The drivers side low beam went out. Is there a bulb inside the projector that I can replace? The high beam comes on when the brights are engaged. Keep in mind they have worked for months previously, since I’ve had the car.

I searched the board and didn’t see anything specific. Thanks I’m advance.
First check the fuse for that headlight.

If the fuse is good, the ballast plugs into the OE headlight connector. Disconnect the ballast, and check for 12V there with the lights on. If you have 12V it is either the ballast or the bulb and you can switch bulbs side to side to verify.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:59 PM
masksqueeze
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Ramberger
First check the fuse for that headlight.

If the fuse is good, the ballast plugs into the OE headlight connector. Disconnect the ballast, and check for 12V there with the lights on. If you have 12V it is either the ballast or the bulb and you can switch bulbs side to side to verify.
That helps me understand better. Thank you, I will try that.
The following users liked this post:
Ed Ramberger (11-22-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To Drivers Side HID low beam not working. Can someone help me troubleshoot?

Quick Reply: Drivers Side HID low beam not working. Can someone help me troubleshoot?