C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 12:36 PM
JetJock
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Key Fob

I recently purchased a fob from Corvette Mods in Ft. Worth. I had a 2003 C5 that I wanted to program a new fob for the buyer of the car. When I tried to program it, nothing happened. I changed the battery and tried again.Still nothing. Contacted the vendor and they said take it to a dealer. I have programmed fobs before and the procedure is outlined in the manual. I suspect that it is either defective, fraudulent or the wrong one. Basically, they refused to work with me on issue. My question is this; Is there any way to check a fob out without the car? I suspect that it is cheap copy of one. Their attitude certainly indicates that.

Roy
Old 08-10-2020, 01:28 PM
CARRJET
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

advance auto or autozone have infrared FOB checkers and will check the FOB for you
Old 08-10-2020, 04:12 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

Too late now, but you shouldn't buy anything from Corvette Mods. They were removed as a vendor years ago. Scores of complaints in the transaction forum regarding their refusal to refund or remedy issues with defective parts. Chalk this up to a bad decision on your part as before buying anything from any vendor attached to this forum you should check the transaction forum for their sales practices. You won't be receiving a refund so I'd just can it and start over...

BTW, they also sell under the name of ModernGenAuto. Same company, same deceitful sales practices... FYI - I changed my '98 fobs to a 2003 style along with the receiver and the tire monitors. I bought them on Ebay, two for $10.00. Both work perfectly for the last 3 years...

Last edited by bc6152; 08-10-2020 at 04:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OregonDan (08-10-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 08:11 AM
c4gone
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 114 Posts

Sorry to piggy back on this thread but can a fob be programmed if the dic isn't worked and no access to a tech 2?

Get notified of new replies

To Key Fob

Quick Reply: Key Fob