C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRC Clutch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 11:36 PM
JA02ws6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FRC Clutch Issue

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and the corvette community also been a Trans Am guy wanting a vette. Anyway so I pickup this 99 white FRC got alot of miles but may thing is the clutch pedal was all the way to the floor when I got it and when I started it sounded like something was maybe loose or making contact. I only let it run for maybe 20 seconds and shut it off. I am also new to manual's so would love some direction on this one to start troubleshooting or if someone knows what this is please advice. I am going to order a Tick adjustable master cylinder in the next days or two but idk if that will fix the problem but what I've been reading thats one upgrade that needs to happen. Well thanks in advance for any info.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:06 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by JA02ws6
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and the corvette community also been a Trans Am guy wanting a vette. Anyway so I pickup this 99 white FRC got alot of miles but may thing is the clutch pedal was all the way to the floor when I got it and when I started it sounded like something was maybe loose or making contact. I only let it run for maybe 20 seconds and shut it off. I am also new to manual's so would love some direction on this one to start troubleshooting or if someone knows what this is please advice. I am going to order a Tick adjustable master cylinder in the next days or two but idk if that will fix the problem but what I've been reading thats one upgrade that needs to happen. Well thanks in advance for any info.
JMO forget about the tick waste of money. You have to first figure out if the noise is not part of the clutch assembly. and if the noise is coming from the clutch area definitely save your money and don't buy that waste of money tick garbage. Because if you don't know how to change the clutch you will pay over 1k. By the way i was pulled into the tick MC also and after ten years off using it and a bigger left leg then right, it was time to change my clutch and decided to go back to stock. Was the best decision i made. Back to stock feel and no problems at all. I'm over a 1k hp. My car is a DD by the way. Just giving my side of the sorry, but there are many people that swear on it but it's not needed. I'm not trying to sway you not to buy it, that's your call. GL
Old 07-12-2020, 02:25 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by helga203
JMO forget about the tick waste of money. You have to first figure out if the noise is not part of the clutch assembly. and if the noise is coming from the clutch area definitely save your money and don't buy that waste of money tick garbage. Because if you don't know how to change the clutch you will pay over 1k. By the way i was pulled into the tick MC also and after ten years off using it and a bigger left leg then right, it was time to change my clutch and decided to go back to stock. Was the best decision i made. Back to stock feel and no problems at all. I'm over a 1k hp. My car is a DD by the way. Just giving my side of the sorry, but there are many people that swear on it but it's not needed. I'm not trying to sway you not to buy it, that's your call. GL
i DID SAME THING! LOL

Get notified of new replies

To FRC Clutch Issue

Quick Reply: FRC Clutch Issue