C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

messeges

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 08:06 PM
speedballexpress
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default messeges

My 99 FRC (60 K miles) has been popping up "service traction control, and ABS" every few days. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I've rebuilt 8 C5's from totals (and this is one) so I'm a fair, but not great shade tree mechanic. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:22 PM
jim993
Drifting

Received 525 Likes on 336 Posts

There are a lot of conditions that can cause this message. First, what are the current, not history codes?
Old 07-03-2020, 07:09 PM
speedballexpress
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, one of the codes I get is for active handling but I've taken the car out and squirrled around in the snow and it works as advertised (can't cut a donut unless I turn it off). What I really want to know is how to service it. Thanks, Bob
Old 07-04-2020, 12:00 AM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by speedballexpress
Yes, one of the codes I get is for active handling but I've taken the car out and squirrled around in the snow and it works as advertised (can't cut a donut unless I turn it off). What I really want to know is how to service it. Thanks, Bob
You can't even begin until you know the codes. If you have a service light come on it will set a code, sometimes several.. If you have rebuilt several C5's surely you know how to use the dic and pull codes.

Get notified of new replies

To messeges

Quick Reply: messeges