C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lq swap only firing cylinders 3,7?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 01:32 AM
robert21122
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lq swap only firing cylinders 3,7?

I just finished a lq4-9 swap on my 97. I switch over all the sensors from the ls1 which ran but I spun a rod bearing. I was thinking a ground issue. the lq block doesn't have the extra hole in back to ground the battery and I guess starter wire. So i ran the battery and made a extension for the other wire and ran it to the bolt hole behind the engine mount. I made sure the new crank was a 24x also. It's trying to turn over and those 2 cylinders got warm. The passenger side never got hot. I also dont remember or could not feel a ground for that side of the coils. I have the other 3 grounds to the head on the driver side. I also checked to see if the map and cam sensor were swapped which were good.i dont have hp tuners and my tuner is an hour away, I figured it should be ok to start. It still has the same cam and heads. I'm getting ready to part this thing out lol thank for any help.

Quick Reply: Lq swap only firing cylinders 3,7?