C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New motor mounts and dropping rear cradle

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 12:06 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Default New motor mounts and dropping rear cradle

I'm replacing factory motor mounts with some Hinson mounts and still need to work my way to the back of the car to drop the tanks. With the old OEM mounts it was easy letting the rear hang, any worries with new mounts doing the same? These new ones dont look as flexible as the old mounts. I am able to drop the cradle pretty far with old worn out mounts and would like to be able to do the same with new mounts without destroying them.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:14 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Bump for another thought. I have the entire front of the motor apart to fix a timing cover leak. It would be the easiest to put the mounts in now. How hard is it to put the mounts in with everything put back together with an A&A supercharger on there also?

Im trying to do one project at a time but now leaning towards doing the cover, then remove tanks, then motor mounts, and then put back together the front end. I'm really nervous the new mounts won't let the rear end drop as far or I'll damage them. Maybe I'm overthinking this, idk. Thoughts?
Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Should be no problem. I've done it with the Hinson mounts. Only time you will need to worry is if you have solid mounts. The Hinson mounts have interlocking metal plates inside just in case of failure, but they are not solid/ rigid mounts. There is polyurethane in between.

Get notified of new replies

To New motor mounts and dropping rear cradle

Quick Reply: New motor mounts and dropping rear cradle