C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have this routed correctly

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 09:25 PM
tomz240
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Do I have this routed correctly

I just installed a catch can and would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm I routed the hoses properly. I know this is simple, but I don't want to screw anything up. Better safe than sorry. I pulled the line running from the PCV valve to the intake loose at the intake. I routed the line to the inlet side of the catch can. Then ran a line from the outlet side of the catch can to the intake where the hose from the PCV plugged in. Is this correct? I've seen some videos where the outlet hose from the catch can was routed into the valve cover.

Thanks for your replies.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:07 PM
CARRJET
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds correct
Old 04-03-2019, 11:19 PM
tomz240
Advanced

Originally Posted by tomz240
I just installed a catch can and would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm I routed the hoses properly. I know this is simple, but I don't want to screw anything up. Better safe than sorry. I pulled the line running from the PCV valve to the intake loose at the intake. I routed the line to the inlet side of the catch can. Then ran a line from the outlet side of the catch can to the intake where the hose from the PCV plugged in. Is this correct? I've seen some videos where the outlet hose from the catch can was routed into the valve cover.

Thanks for your replies.
Also curious if there is really any benefit to having a clean side oil separator. Why would you need one?
Old 04-04-2019, 06:15 PM
CARRJET
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to my knowledge the catch can is all you need to keep blowby oil outa your throttle body
Old 04-04-2019, 08:53 PM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 488 Likes on 313 Posts

That is exactly how my Elite Can is hooked up.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-cleaning.html
Old 04-04-2019, 08:57 PM
TastyBacon
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Clean side oil separator is probably not necessary unless your car is turbocharged, supercharged, has excessive blowby, or spends a lot of time at WOT (like, on a race track).
Old 04-04-2019, 09:00 PM
tomz240
Advanced

Originally Posted by TastyBacon
Clean side oil separator is probably not necessary unless your car is turbocharged, supercharged, has excessive blowby, or spends a lot of time at WOT (like, on a race track).
got it

thanks
Old 04-04-2019, 09:02 PM
tomz240
Advanced

Originally Posted by 6speedsteve
That is exactly how my Elite Can is hooked up.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-cleaning.html
Cool

thanks
Old 04-08-2019, 09:33 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

need to know what make and model catch can before anyone can say for sure how it should be connected
Old 04-08-2019, 02:23 PM
tomz240
Advanced

Originally Posted by David@MMS
need to know what make and model catch can before anyone can say for sure how it should be connected
I’ll have to check to see what brand it is, but it’s relatively simple it has an inlet and outlet.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:16 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

if it is a sealed two port can then one side would go to the intake manifold, and the other would go to a line hooked to the stock pcv exit
Old 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM
tomz240
Advanced

Originally Posted by David@MMS
if it is a sealed two port can then one side would go to the intake manifold, and the other would go to a line hooked to the stock pcv exit
It isn’t sealed. The cup unscrews so you can empty it. But there is only an inlet and an outlet. That’s the way I have it hooked up. The PCV is going to the inlet and The outlet is going to the intake. It is just a cheap Chinese deal off of Amazon. It is called evil engineering. It does say it’s baffled if that matters.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:59 PM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by tomz240
It isn’t sealed. The cup unscrews so you can empty it. But there is only an inlet and an outlet. That’s the way I have it hooked up. The PCV is going to the inlet and The outlet is going to the intake. It is just a cheap Chinese deal off of Amazon. It is called evil engineering. It does say it’s baffled if that matters.
Open that thing up and stuff some chore boy or scotch brite stainless steel scrubbing pads in it. All that moisture needs to be caught/filtered by something.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:29 PM
tomz240
Advanced

Originally Posted by ascastil
Open that thing up and stuff some chore boy or scotch brite stainless steel scrubbing pads in it. All that moisture needs to be caught/filtered by something.
already done.

Get notified of new replies

To Do I have this routed correctly

Quick Reply: Do I have this routed correctly