C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Adjustment Turns on A/C... Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Amazing1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Seat Adjustment Turns on A/C... Any Ideas?

Owner of 04 Vert, garage kept, so doors are unlocked when I usually enter my car to drive. After getting in the car and starting engine, I then push the #1 Seat Adjustment button to move the Drivers' Seat to the "forward" position in which I like to drive the car. Well, I noticed today that when I do this, I hear a somewhat noticeable "click" sound from under the hood and my A/C turns on, along with the "airflow from outside." I guess this has been going on for some time but today was the first time I noticed the sound (click) under the hood.

I tried moving the seat and pushing the number 2 "set" seat position, and nothing. Tested each setting about 5 times (with the car running) and clearly this only happens when I push the number 1 seat button. Any idea's what component might be at fault? I've also been experiencing a parasitic drain that I've dealt with by keeping the car on a slow charger when I'm not driving it everyday. I wonder if this could also mean that the short or drain is somewhere between the link here with my seat adjustment button and the A/C "on/off" control button.

Asked again, anyone experience this and have a possible solution? Thanks for all your help.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:22 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,440 Likes on 14,049 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to C5 Tech.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:05 AM
mnotx
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Could simply be your Vehicle Personalization setting. Read pages 2-55 and 2-56 of the vehicle owners guide for a full explanation.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Adjustment Turns on A/C... Any Ideas?

Quick Reply: Seat Adjustment Turns on A/C... Any Ideas?