C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ARH Difference!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 PM
AR Headers
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 127 Likes on 55 Posts

Default The ARH Difference!

Guys,

We've seen some discussion about why one should choose one brand of headers over the other. I want everyone to know that I'd be happy to discuss that with you personally, by phone, at your convenience. I will say this, if all you care about is price, ARH is not for you. We're competing with many well know manufacturers and, unfortunately, so called manufacturers that are knocking off other brands (including ours), that outsource from China, the caves of Mongolia and God knows where else.

The often discussed difference in cost between ARH and other brands is justified if you knew exactly how we manufacture our systems compared to others. After 13 years as manufacturers, there's one thing we haven't changed, we don't outsource. No outsourcing means better quality 100% of the time. It's that simple but it comes at a higher price. And with a lifetime guarantee, combined with parts shipping all over the world, we will never alter our way of manufacturing. Degrading the quality of our materials for a better profit margin just doesn't work for ARH. It's safe to say that as popular as our Corvette systems are, many here are fully aware the difference an ARH system makes but there's even more to the story.

If you need to get into it in more detail, please feel free to call me directly at 631-608-1986 or email me a contact number at nick@americanracingheaders.com and I'll gladly reach you. Though we've grown exponentially and with a few minor bumps along the way, we haven't turned our backs to what got us here. Outstanding quality and performance second to none is here to stay at ARH. I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you. Nick
The following users liked this post:
JosephMingle (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 01:43 PM
JosephMingle
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 52 Posts

Resurrecting a thread because it came up in my search...

I installed ARH on my 2008 Mustang GT (along with a KB 2.6L twin screw and every other mod) back in 2010 based on their reputation... the ARH sound transformed the "attitude" of the car... melodious at idle, angry under boost.

Recently ordered 1 7/8 catted solution for my GS on the last day of a sale... emailed Nick on timeline and he provided a same day response. I love that the C7 sounds angry all the time... and along with an A&A setup I'm looking forward to more angriness under boost.

Great product! Looking forward to installing them on my GS.
Old 07-22-2022, 07:46 PM
feeder82
Melting Slicks

Received 989 Likes on 626 Posts

ARHeaders for the win
Old 07-22-2022, 08:01 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably should talk about how your better than Kooks and/or cheaper than Kooks. Corvette owners are sophisticated buyers. We aren’t comparing ARH to “Mongolia.” 😂😂😂 Come on man. Just address the elephant in the room. Don’t dance around it.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:44 PM
JosephMingle
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 52 Posts

Frankly, if I lacked direct experience with ARH, my choices would be between Kooks and ARH... but since I had a very favorable experience with their product and support, I'm staying with them. In this case, seems pretty clear to me he's talking about all the considerably cheaper alternatives... so I sure don't see any need for snarkiness. If you like Kooks, buy their product...

Originally Posted by Randyramsey
Probably should talk about how your better than Kooks and/or cheaper than Kooks. Corvette owners are sophisticated buyers. We aren’t comparing ARH to “Mongolia.” 😂😂😂 Come on man. Just address the elephant in the room. Don’t dance around it.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:13 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by JosephMingle
Frankly, if I lacked direct experience with ARH, my choices would be between Kooks and ARH... but since I had a very favorable experience with their product and support, I'm staying with them. In this case, seems pretty clear to me he's talking about all the considerably cheaper alternatives... so I sure don't see any need for snarkiness. If you like Kooks, buy their product...
exactly my point. No one just goes out and buys Mongolian c5 headers over ARH because they are in two totally different price categories. The main competitor is Kooks so I’m asking for a description of how their product is better than a direct competitor. Simple question. Seems pretty intuitive that a $1500 set of headers is better than a set for $199 off eBay. I don’t need this post to tell me that.
Old 07-23-2022, 08:36 PM
AR Headers

exactly my point. No one just goes out and buys Mongolian c5 headers over ARH because they are in two totally different price categories. The main competitor is Kooks so I’m asking for a description of how their product is better than a direct competitor. Simple question. Seems pretty intuitive that a $1500 set of headers is better than a set for $199 off eBay. I don’t need this post to tell me that.
I’ll keep simple by stating that all our header systems are designed to provide the least amount of compromises in performance and quality. This goes for every application. Anyone that’s tooled up to manufacture header systems can provide a product to add to their catalog. We go the extra mile to outperform our competitors by not falling short of what’s needed to optimize performance. In other words, we don’t use a bean counters approach to header design. It would be more profitable but like I often say, others are in the business of making headers. ARH is in the business of making horsepower. You’re welcome to call us if you’d like to discuss this in more detail. Thanks.

Nick
Old 07-23-2022, 09:05 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by AR Headers
I’ll keep simple by stating that all our header systems are designed to provide the least amount of compromises in performance and quality. This goes for every application. Anyone that’s tooled up to manufacture header systems can provide a product to add to their catalog. We go the extra mile to outperform our competitors by not falling short of what’s needed to optimize performance. In other words, we don’t use a bean counters approach to header design. It would be more profitable but like I often say, others are in the business of making headers. ARH is in the business of making horsepower. You’re welcome to call us if you’d like to discuss this in more detail. Thanks.

Nick
There is not one single sentence in this rambling, boilerplate nonsense that says how you’re headers are better than Kooks. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 07-24-2022, 01:25 AM
AR Headers

There is not one single sentence in this rambling, boilerplate nonsense that says how you’re headers are better than Kooks. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Guess you missed the last part? If you’re really serious about knowing more, call me and we’ll discuss it. I’m more than willing to give up my time to enlighten you. I’m not going to waste an hour explaining something we can discuss in 5 minutes. Something tells me you’re not really interested. Am I wrong? If I am I’ll be expecting your call. Thank you.
miami993c297 (07-24-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 05:37 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Guess you missed the last part? If you’re really serious about knowing more, call me and we’ll discuss it. I’m more than willing to give up my time to enlighten you. I’m not going to waste an hour explaining something we can discuss in 5 minutes. Something tells me you’re not really interested. Am I wrong? If I am I’ll be expecting your call. Thank you.
An hour?

How about you just state in ONE sentence how ARH headers are better than Kooks headers specifically as it relates to a C5.

Put your money where your attitude is. Lol.

also, I just left you a message. Call me back, kid.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:47 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Nick
What kind of compromises does Kooks make in terms of performance that you don’t make?

What kind of compromises does Kooks make in terms of quality that you don’t make?

How do you go “the extra mile” to outdo Kooks?

How do you go the “extra mile” to outdo Kooks and specifically “optimize performance.”

So Kooks uses a “bean counter” method of designing headers? How so?

Arh is in the business of making “horsepower”? So ARH headers make more horsepower than kooks? Can you post these numbers?

youre digger yourself a big hole here buddy.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:55 PM
Capt. Shark
Team Owner

Location: Into the Mystic And yet, despite the look on my face, you're still talking TN
Received 155 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I'm not sure why a brand new member has to come in here and trash talk a respected vendor? I don't have either companies headers but it seems to me if you don't like ARH then stfu and buy a set of Kooks. YMMV.
The following 3 users liked this post by Capt. Shark:
Kubs (07-25-2022), miami993c297 (07-25-2022), Old School (07-25-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 07:13 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Capt. Shark
I'm not sure why a brand new member has to come in here and trash talk a respected vendor? I don't have either companies headers but it seems to me if you don't like ARH then stfu and buy a set of Kooks. YMMV.
this is the problem with this forum. It’s all about seniority and how old your account is rather than holding people accountable and asking quality questions. Believe me bro, I’m smarter than you about cars. Lol

and if you don’t have either headers, why are you even talking? 😂😂😂
Che vette (07-25-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 07:50 PM
GoldenFlame
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

The reason I bought American Racing Headers? There was a video on YouTube about 11 years ago that showed how easy they were to install.. "BOOM! IN!" Compared to Kooks at the time that were a nightmare to install. Their 1 7/8" Headers have been on my C5 ever since then.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:09 PM
Capt. Shark
Team Owner

Location: Into the Mystic And yet, despite the look on my face, you're still talking TN
Received 155 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

AMF spam boi
Old 07-25-2022, 07:37 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,774 Likes on 949 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I have installed a couple of sets of headers on C5s ranging from an ebay set at about $350 (including all pipes back to the mufflers) to ARH. They all made approximately the same power, so that just tells me anything is better than the stock manifolds. However, the ARH are by far the EASIEST to install. Not just the headers but everything else as well. The ebay set x-pipe was off by a mile and needed some heating and bending to line up with the headers. My time is worth something too.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:53 AM
AR Headers

Originally Posted by Kubs
I have installed a couple of sets of headers on C5s ranging from an ebay set at about $350 (including all pipes back to the mufflers) to ARH. They all made approximately the same power, so that just tells me anything is better than the stock manifolds. However, the ARH are by far the EASIEST to install. Not just the headers but everything else as well. The ebay set x-pipe was off by a mile and needed some heating and bending to line up with the headers. My time is worth something too.
I haven’t looked in quite some time but there’s been Chinese knock offs of our header kits on eBay for years. At SEMA I saw both our Viper and C6 systems on display from a Chinese company just two aisle’s over from ours. That was an “interesting” day to say the least.

Last edited by AR Headers; 07-27-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Tusc (07-28-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To The ARH Difference!

Old 07-25-2022, 10:27 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,774 Likes on 949 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I haven’t looked in quite some time but there’s been Chinese knock offs of our header kits on eBay for years. At SEMA I saw both our Viper and C6 systems on display from a Chinese company to two aisle’s over from ours. That was an “interesting” day to say the least.
The ebay ones I installed were more like Flowtech knock offs, and they fit just as bad as the Flowtech as well. ARH was still the easiest install I have done.
Old 07-27-2022, 02:12 PM
phils C5 vette
Le Mans Master

Received 234 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

this is the problem with this forum. It’s all about seniority and how old your account is rather than holding people accountable and asking quality questions. Believe me bro, I’m smarter than you about cars. Lol

and if you don’t have either headers, why are you even talking? 😂😂😂
Why do we let people like this on the forum?

Old 07-28-2022, 08:07 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,605 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by phils C5 vette
Why do we let people like this on the forum?
Pretty hard to not allow someone on a forum, or to tell a person's agenda (if any) or personality until they expose either one. In this case, it didn't take long. GREAT job by the Mods/Administrators of weeding out an undesirable as quickly as they did.....

Quick Reply: The ARH Difference!