C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaky butt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Motox71
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaky butt?

I have driven 5 1/2hrs to kick this Vette up and as it sits in the parking garage of the hotel I’m staying at I notice the rearend leak. Dare I drive it all the way home like this or do I wait until Monday and see if I can get in at a local dealership? I am currently in Chattanooga Tennessee needing to get back to Mount Vernon Illinois with it. Unfortunately money is an object, so if it’s too expensive to repair locally I may just have to risk it.

Hey this Saturday at 7:43 PM Chattanooga Tennessee time and I need to be leaving tomorrow at noon s hey this Saturday at 7:43 PM Chattanooga Tennessee time. Our plan was to leave in the morning.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:16 PM
blackbear bob
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

If you have tools available to you, I would just top it off and run it. Fix it when you get home.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:27 PM
tbrowne
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

Take it to a local oil change service. They should be able to check the fluid in the rear diff for a minimal fee.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Motox71
Cruising

Originally Posted by blackbear bob
If you have tools available to you, I would just top it off and run it. Fix it when you get home.
No unfortunately I don’t have any tools with me.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:39 PM
Motox71
Cruising

Originally Posted by tbrowne
Take it to a local oil change service. They should be able to check the fluid in the rear diff for a minimal fee.
i have an appointment at Pep Boyz in Hixson TN (about 15min from my location) tomorrow. Hoping they can help me fingure out how much fluid it has left.

Get notified of new replies

To Leaky butt?

Quick Reply: Leaky butt?