C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel Memory Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:09 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

Default Steering Wheel Memory Issue

Not sure what is malfunctioning on my 2001?

Mirror memory has always be wonky off and on for 18 years - just learned to live with that, and I never use the seat memory function. However, my telescopic wheel memory has always worked until a couple months ago.

I have the Easy Entry option set on the DIC and the steering wheel sometimes retracts on its own, but it no longer extends on its own - I have to manually use the column switch to extend it each session.

Every time I get in the car the Memory-1 light on the door just blinks. Checking Codes, nothing comes up?

So what is out? The Seat Control Module?
Old 05-29-2018, 05:17 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

No clues?
Old 06-02-2018, 02:45 AM
BadMedcn
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel your pain Choreo. My 01 is doing the same. I have a suspicion it’s in the door module/seat module as the mirrors, driver seat and steering wheel all tend to move around. Interestingly if I push memory 1 or memory 2 everything I mentioned will move. Maybe just an inch or two and it will keep doing it with every press of the button. If I leave key in ignition when I turn off car everything stays put. If I pull the key out, the easy exit kicks in (as I have it set) and seat backs up, wheel goes in, and mirrors point down. Put key back in and I have to manually set all of them. I plan on thinking on it this weekend. I’ll check back with any findings.

Last edited by BadMedcn; 06-02-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Steering Wheel Memory Issue

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Memory Issue