C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield / Reveal Molding

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 01:07 PM
TBZ06
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Windshield / Reveal Molding

I have a 2004 Z06 and I am having issues with the reveal molding at the top of the windshield. The molding started coming out at highway speeds, so I decided to replace it. I purchased a new piece of molding and tried to replace the old molding. I discovered that the new molding strip would not clip over the top of the windshield as it should. It appears that the windshield was replaced at some point by previous owner. I checked and it does have the correct windshield for the Z06 model. I discovered that the adhesive was not appplied evenly. The adhesive comes up too close to the top edge and prevents the molding from clipping over the top of the windshield.
Has anyone else had this issue? The only solution I see is removing the windshield and re-installing correctly. Is it possible to remove the windshield without damaging it? I plan to contact a few local auto glass companies to see if they can assist.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2018, 08:03 AM
HT1663WB
Melting Slicks

Received 138 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by TBZ06
I have a 2004 Z06 and I am having issues with the reveal molding at the top of the windshield. The molding started coming out at highway speeds, so I decided to replace it. I purchased a new piece of molding and tried to replace the old molding. I discovered that the new molding strip would not clip over the top of the windshield as it should. It appears that the windshield was replaced at some point by previous owner. I checked and it does have the correct windshield for the Z06 model. I discovered that the adhesive was not appplied evenly. The adhesive comes up too close to the top edge and prevents the molding from clipping over the top of the windshield.
Has anyone else had this issue? The only solution I see is removing the windshield and re-installing correctly. Is it possible to remove the windshield without damaging it? I plan to contact a few local auto glass companies to see if they can assist.

Thanks
Are you talking about the rubber molding that runs across the top of the windshield? If so, Im almost certain the windshield has to be removed to replace that.

Last edited by HT1663WB; 05-01-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:56 PM
TBZ06
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HT1663WB
Are you talking about the rubber molding that runs across the top of the windshield? If so, Im almost certain the windshield has to be removed to replace that.
Yes, its the rubber strip across the top.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:47 PM
mnotx
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TBZ06

Thanks

Can you tell me where you purchased the molding? I have been searching for the upper windshield seal with no luck.
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield / Reveal Molding

Quick Reply: Windshield / Reveal Molding