C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Compressor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 02:14 PM
SilverC54me
Melting Slicks

Received 411 Likes on 333 Posts

Default AC Compressor replacement

For those that have done their own AC Compressor replacement, where did you get the parts? Since my compressor is starting to make a growling noise (bearing failing) at 164kmiles I wan to do a refresh on the system, compressor, accumulator and condenser. The AC still blows good and cold.

Who has packages that are good quality that contain all necessary AC system parts at a reasonable price? I don't want cheep, I want replacements that will last as long as the originals.

Gary
Old 04-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

When I bought my Bravada the bearing was bad on the front for the pulley. I removed clutch and replaced the bearing. No more noise after that. Do you believe it to be that bearing? If so, and you can do the work yourself, less than $50 and your done. No need to discharge the system, just remove belt, clutch assy and swap bearing.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (04-06-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:20 AM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

i got my kit from amazon.
Amazon Amazon

I took pictures of the kit when it arrived and posted them on here. The price almost seemed too good to be true. the parts arrived in excellent condition. They were new and not used. The compressor did have 2oz of oil already in it. That was in 2015, and the AC is just as cold as the day I installed the kit.

Get notified of new replies

To AC Compressor replacement

Quick Reply: AC Compressor replacement