C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible harness bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 02:07 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts
Default Convertible harness bar

Anyone know who's making a harness bar for the vert? Can't seem to find any info and not looking to get a cage of any kind. Yet..
Old 02-20-2018, 01:22 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Anyone?
Old 02-22-2018, 02:11 AM
BadMedcn
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Vette Life.......the guys must be asleep. This forum is always filled with the most knowledgeable and helpful enthusiasts. Since I'm awake.....I will tell you that I got mine a few years ago from Arizona Speed and Marine. Fit perfectly and does not get in the way. Check them out.

Last edited by BadMedcn; 02-22-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:26 PM
craig-o
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I looked years ago, and found that no one was making one. Just did a search on Arizona Speed and Marine's website, and came up empty.

It kind of makes sense, because anywhere that would require harnesses would also require rollover protection in an open car (NHRA, SCCA, even private track days now require convertibles to have either factory or aftermarket hoops or minimum 4-point rollbars installed.)

My solution was a 4-point, bolt-in rollbar from Wolfe Racecraft (http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=787) $600, and requires drilling. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't provide any rollover protection, but is a nice, solid mount for my 6-point harnesses.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:36 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Originally Posted by craig-o
I looked years ago, and found that no one was making one. Just did a search on Arizona Speed and Marine's website, and came up empty.

It kind of makes sense, because anywhere that would require harnesses would also require rollover protection in an open car (NHRA, SCCA, even private track days now require convertibles to have either factory or aftermarket hoops or minimum 4-point rollbars installed.)

My solution was a 4-point, bolt-in rollbar from Wolfe Racecraft (http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=787) $600, and requires drilling. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't provide any rollover protection, but is a nice, solid mount for my 6-point harnesses.
Thanks. Too bad no one is producing these bars. Going to add a hard top next year.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:19 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

who else is or has made a simple Harness bar?

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible harness bar

Quick Reply: Convertible harness bar