C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dipstick Tube Installation with ARH Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 01:10 PM
crznZ06
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Dipstick Tube Installation with ARH Headers

I'm wrapping up the installation of 1-3/4" American Racing Headers on my 2003 coupe (LS1). I bent the engine oil dipstick tube while trying to re-install it.

My research shows there are three part numbers for OEM C5 dipstick tubes. My research further shows that, depending on the headers, some non-Corvette dipstick tubes work better with headers than others. Unfortunately, no previous posts offer which part number or which dipstick works most easily with my setup. Does anyone know which part number will be easiest to install?

If I can't get the dipstick tube in myself, American Heritage Performance is about 10 miles down the street from me. Can I carefully drive the car without the dipstick tube installed, or am I going to end up slinging oil everywhere, setting the car on fire, and laughing as I watch the piece of $h!t my car has become since installing the "best fitting" headers burn to the ground?

Thanks in advance for your help. These headers truly $uck.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:34 PM
skydiven4fun
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I cant help with the question you asked so to speak, But I just had my headers and dip stick tube out while doing other maintenance to my car, I found that if you are under the car you can fairly easy reach up and guide the stock tube into place after feeding it down between the upper section, Its almost impossible to see but not that hard to feel it into place. Once its installed of course the fit is fine, At least on mine anyway.
Good Luck
Old 11-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Jeredk21
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would not drive without it in. Even around the block

Get notified of new replies

To Dipstick Tube Installation with ARH Headers

Quick Reply: Dipstick Tube Installation with ARH Headers