C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Definitive answer for losing the clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:23 PM
2_hotty
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Definitive answer for losing the clutch pressure

Hey guy, When I shift hard lose all pressure in my clutch. I have to pump it back up to get it to work right again. I've done a bunch a research and *think* I need to get the Tick master cylinder to correct it. I'm just looking for anyone else who may have gone through this already, and can give some input. I'd hate to spend $300, learn how to replace it, swap it, and still have the same problem.

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
JacobVrrm123 (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 05:18 PM
JacobVrrm123
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 2_hotty
Hey guy, When I shift hard lose all pressure in my clutch. I have to pump it back up to get it to work right again. I've done a bunch a research and *think* I need to get the Tick master cylinder to correct it. I'm just looking for anyone else who may have gone through this already, and can give some input. I'd hate to spend $300, learn how to replace it, swap it, and still have the same problem.

Thanks!
I'm going to tell you what someone else told me and it worked so far. Do the Ranger clutch hydraulic fluid change everyday for a week straight to clean out the debris. After the week drive the car for another week than change it again till it runs perfectly clear, if that doesn't fix it than go with a Tick master.
The following users liked this post:
2_hotty (07-30-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 11:45 AM
2_hotty
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

I've done that once, but will do it all this week first. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2017, 12:21 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Just put something different on there fooling with an old one over and over isnt worth it.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:24 PM
bigmackloud
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Very very common issue. And the results vary person to person.

Ranger method for keeping the fluid semi-clean helps a bit. Didn't fix it.

I installed the Tick clutch master cylinder. Didn't fix it.

I installed the LPE clutch pedal return spring. Didn't fix it.

Next step will be a new upgraded clutch, new slave, and a remote bleeder. I fully expect that to solve it.

There are also some threads about adding ventilation holes (sometimes called speed holes) to the bell housing. (There are already some small vents at the bottom). Concept is help reduce heat and let the clutch dust blow out.

I have a buddy with an e36 bmw with an LS/t56 swap. Adding the speed holes in the bell housing fixed the problem for him. It was a track car... upgraded clutch, remote bleeder, etc.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:45 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Get a new one from the parts store and flush all the fluid. The Tick won't fix your issues.

If you still have issues you may need to replace the slave cylinder and add a speed bleeder.

The Tick piece is needed if the distance between the slave and the pressure plate fingers is greater than stock and you didn't bother to do the measurement and shim the slave during a clutch install.

Get notified of new replies

To Definitive answer for losing the clutch pressure

Quick Reply: Definitive answer for losing the clutch pressure