C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skip. Ugh.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 04:17 PM
ArtGle
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Skip. Ugh.

When purchased, she had AC Delco 41-110 plugs. Car was all stock.
Installed Weiand LS6 intake, CAI (dual filter), then on to the Corsa Indy Pace Car Mufflers. Next came the Kooks Long Tube Headers with the high flow cats and Matching X-Pipe.
I was recommended to, and changed to AC Delco 41-962 plugs.
Ran the nutz, been great.
I installed new 41-962 plugs when I installed the new (used) transmission at the beginning of January.
Drove her 2,500 miles to Key West via Orlando and Tampa, then back to N.C.
She's developed this tiny 'flutter' whenever I take my foot off the gas, and it's slowly getting worse. Today she stalled as I stopped for a traffic light.
I've pulled the plugs just now, and see no signs of a cracked plug or any other signs of a problem.
My OTC scanner isn't showing any misfires.
Suggestions?
Old 02-15-2017, 07:10 PM
NormK
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Carefully check vacuum lines for cracks and to make certain they're properly connected.

_
Old 02-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

I had a misfire code last year. I had wire chafing in the coil wire harness. There is a short harness on each side that connects to the main. Check inside the loom for wear or heat damage. The harnesses are not real expensive.

You could have a failed coil. Check the diagnostic codes. You can check the coils with a meter.

Last edited by Rob 02; 02-15-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:39 AM
Paul Wood
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you tried cleaning the MAF? Do you have a catch can installed? Vacuum tubes are certainly a possibility and leaks can be hard to find. C
MAF cleaning is quick and simple. Might check O2 sensors as well. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:39 AM
ZigZag
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts

Art I had a similar situation and found one plug wire had been touching the header slightly and it had a small split. Every now and then I'd notice a hesitation and also stalled it. I'd inspect each wire very closely as mine was hidden. I changed the wire and all is good. Just a thought for something to check.

Btw, I had the protect a boot sleeves on when this happened. Thought I was safe but not so.

Last edited by ZigZag; 02-16-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Skip. Ugh.

Quick Reply: Skip. Ugh.