C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crank shake??/

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 07:55 PM
vettekid98
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crank shake??/

anyoen watch theircrank pulley at idle.. mine seems to shake kinda???
Old 09-15-2002, 01:30 PM
CarlB
Instructor

Default Re: crank shake??/ (vettekid98)

Try running a search for harmonic balancer
Old 09-15-2002, 02:48 PM
jcbuncc
Intermediate

Default Re: crank shake??/ (vettekid98)

I have a '98 and I have noticed that also. The dealer has replaced the tensioner twice now. I am going to get one of the tensioners from Katech. I have read on here that they are much better and I think $125.00 I do all of the Harmonic Balancer testing for ATI Performance Products and the Super Damper. http://www.atiperformanceproducts.com and I the damper has nothing to do with the movement you are seeing. Under no load on the motor there is no crank vibration. Crankshaft twist only occurs when there is a load on the motor. All of you guys that have Super Chargers or lots of mods need to look into getting a Super Damer on your motor and pinning the crank. I know for a fact that you are giving up HP at high RPM and engine reliability. ATI Performance Products makes dampers that are direct bolt ons and they have 8, 10 and 12 groove dampers. They also make and can make all the pulleys that you need.
JC Beattie Jr

Get notified of new replies

To crank shake??/

Quick Reply: crank shake??/