C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 12:42 AM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended!

After much deliberation I have decided to extend the the special pricing on the Predator until the the unit is released. It was to end today at midnight. I wanted to be fair to all the members on here since I just became an official Supporting Vendor today and was able to post #'s w/out breaking any rules.

The unit retails for $495 plus shipping. I will sell for $425 w/ FREE shipping during the pre-release special. That will be savings of approx. $80 once you factor in cost of shipping.

Please note that the unit is still not released. Anticipation is for late next week. I hope to completely confirm this tomorrow, so I will keep everyone posted, as well as all the customers who have already Pre-Ordered w/ me first.

Here is some information on the unit itself:

1: Screen size is 300% larger than the competition. Bigger IS better.
2: Files can be downloaded from the internet which allows for future updates and programming.
3: Quicker program installation than the competition.
4: 30-day money back guarantee.
5: LIFETIME WARRANTY!
6: Full OBD_II Diagnostic software
7. User adjustability. the user can set their own parameters. Choose from DiabloSport's performance program or create your own:

a. Raise and lower shift points
b. Increase or decrease shift firmness
c. Reduce shift time
d. Raise and lower rev limiter
e. Advance or retard ignition timing
f. Richen or lean fuel mixture
g. Correct speedometer for gear changes and/tire sizes
h. Turn on fans at lower temperatures.

The base tune will also defeat the CAGS on the M6's and will eliminate Torque Management on the Autos.

Most of you have already read some of the other posts concerning this tool, but if you have any "?'s" please feel free to post about them here or email me below. Also, if you are ready to purchase this unit now please click below in my signature using PayPal, or you may email me.

Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you all very soon!

[Modified by BfB, 12:13 PM 9/28/2002]
Old 09-13-2002, 05:22 AM
quimbo
Drifting

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (BfB)

When will a one be out for the 98 C5?

QUIMBO :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :chevy :flag
Old 09-13-2002, 06:08 AM
Fahtrim
Team Owner

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (quimbo)

Looks like a :cool: product.
Old 09-13-2002, 07:38 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Will this overwrite a "LOCKED" PCM?
Is this price good for a new style 99' GMC 4.8L ?
Old 09-13-2002, 07:40 AM
Straightpipes 1HD
Instructor

Is it available for the 02 C5?
Old 09-13-2002, 08:09 AM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (Straightpipes 1HD)

When will a one be out for the 98 C5?
Currently, '98 model year and older is in development. I will keep everyone updated as to its progress.

Can you explain to me a lil more about "LOCKED" so I can get a clear understanding? Does this have to do w/ your Powerloader?

Yes, it is good for all '99+ V8 trucks at this time. The GM Duramax is still a month out or so in production, and the price on it may be higher.

Is it available for the 02 C5?
Yes, it is! Also, the '03 Predators will be out shortly.

[Modified by BfB, 6:24 AM 9/13/2002]
Old 09-13-2002, 08:17 AM
Av8ter
Burning Brakes

It looks like a nice unit. Will it do everything the LS1 Edit will do? Do you have a downloadable manual I can read to see exactly what it does, how to use it and how it works? So according to your post, are future updates and programming free? Is there a website that shows exactly everything that this unit will do?
Old 09-13-2002, 08:38 AM
G 99
Racer

Sent you an email
:cheers:
Old 09-13-2002, 08:44 AM
Corvette4ever
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Will the Predator work on a PCM that has been tuned by LS1-Edit? or is it only applicable for stock PCMs?

Nice product :cool:
Old 09-13-2002, 08:47 AM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (Av8ter)

Will it do everything the LS1 Edit will do?
This unit is basically for those who do not have needs or have the ability to use LS1Edit. It also keeps you from having to have a Laptop and a seperate OBD-2 ScanTool software, as this is incorported w/in it.

The software used to program the unit is called "Revolution". That software will be available to us programming Diablo Tuners w/in the next few months. Revolution will also be an update to the existing Ford software we currently use to tune Fords and make chips. It allows COMPLETE control over all available parameters w/in the Ford or GM PCM, like we have currently w/ the existing Ford software.

Diablo Programming Tuners, like myself, will be able to custom tune your Predator's base tune to meet your specific needs. Most users will NOT need this, though, and you will probably notice most that do this will be heavily modified cars. There will also be web updates for the individuals who do not have a programming tuner nearby, but do have Diablo dealers.

(okay, there is my re-edit. I lost all that I typed earlier by mistakingly editing the post out)

I hoping to have more information today about the manual and a dedicated website. I will keep everyone informed.
I just spoke to Johan this morning a few moments ago and he told me that the manual is basically done but that it's being formatted. It's in a HUGE .pdf file at this time. He said that they are, at this time in this first manual revision, basically explaining the basic operations of the unit.

As for the custom base programming updates via the web, he told me that they are finishing that up at this time, but to forewarn you all that this will not be ready to do right away when you receive your units. They just want to make sure that all the quirks are finalized and that the engineering department gives the go ahead to release.

As for release date, he gave me a WORST case scenario of 2 more weeks, but he said hopefully sooner, and that he is optimistic for that. 2 weeks is not that bad. I was expecting 1 more week, but I'm willing to live w/ 2 to make sure there are no issues and that everyone is a happy camper.

[Modified by BfB, 7:32 AM 9/13/2002]
Old 09-13-2002, 08:50 AM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (Corvette4ever)

Will the Predator work on a PCM that has been tuned by LS1-Edit? or is it only applicable for stock PCMs?
All vehicles will need to have their stock programming. Let me make sure that there are no exceptions to this, though.

Nice product
Thank you! There has been a LOT of effort put into this.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Av8ter
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE
The base tune will also defeat the CAGS on the M6's and will eliminate Torque Management on the Autos.[/QUOTE]

The Z06 which is a M6 has torque management as well, since you stated it will disable it in autos I assume it will in M6's as well?? Also, is this unit vehicle specific where as its locked in with the vin number or can it be used on others? And since this unit can be hooked up to my computer for upgrades and such, does it come with a program where all information like fuel trims, timing, etc. can be viewed on my computer screen? You mentioned about custom programming, I will be installing an ATI procharger and cam soon, with the predator, I will be able to tune and adjust everything myself? In other words, I dont have to come to you for a custom program first correct? Sorry about the 20 questions but I like to be absolutely clear and sure about things before I buy it.

Thanks
Phil

[Modified by Av8ter, 7:16 AM 9/13/2002]
Old 09-13-2002, 09:24 AM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Default :-)

The Z06 which is a M6 has torque management as well, since you stated it will disable it in autos I assume it will in M6's as well??
Yes it will! Sorry I did not make that more clear earlier.

Also, is this unit vehicle specific where as its locked in with the vin number or can it be used on others?
It is specific, but if you unprogram your vehicle back to stock, the unit will be able to be used on another vehicle if you decide to sell it or try it out on a friend's vehicle.

And since this unit can be hooked up to my computer for upgrades and such, does it come with a program where all information like fuel trims, timing, etc. can be viewed on my computer screen?
No, not at this time and I am not sure if that is in development yet, or ever will be, but I will keep you all informed.

You mentioned about custom programming, I will be installing an ATI procharger and cam soon, with the predator, I will be able to tune and adjust everything myself? In other words, I dont have to come to you for a custom program first correct?
You will most likely need a custom base tune done to your Predator. W/ that custom tune, though, you will be able to still adjust (increase/decrease) your spark and fuel trim.

My advice, get the Predator, try it out, if you like it then know that the custom tuning will be available for when you decide to upgrade w/ the S/C and cam.

Sorry about the 20 questions but I like to be absolutely clear and sure about things before I buy it.
Not a problem, as that is what I am here for! I do not mind it one bit! I enjoy the art of automobile performance just as much as you all do! ;)

[Modified by BfB, 7:42 AM 9/13/2002]
Old 09-13-2002, 09:55 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

[QUOTE

Can you explain to me a lil more about "LOCKED" so I can get a clear understanding? Does this have to do w/ your Powerloader?

Yes, it is good for all '99+ V8 trucks at this time. The GM Duramax is still a month out or so in production, and the price on it may be higher.

[/QUOTE]
Bubba,
Yes, this is dealing with the powerloader. Would I have to get my Y2K PCM flashed back to stock 1st before I can use this ?
I read that some folks that try to LS1 edit a powerloaded PCM can not access some of the chanagable areas.
Price sounds good for my P/U, I will be in touch.
Steve
Old 09-13-2002, 10:35 AM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE)

Yes, this is dealing with the powerloader. Would I have to get my Y2K PCM flashed back to stock 1st before I can use this ?
I read that some folks that try to LS1 edit a powerloaded PCM can not access some of the chanagable areas.
Yes, you will need to have a factory PCM that hasn't been devirginized, or one that has been flashed back to stock. ;)
Old 09-13-2002, 11:22 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

I already have mine pre-ordered through James.

:cheers:
Old 09-13-2002, 12:51 PM
TXSTICK
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

So, BfB then I take it that they are not going to let you have a soft copy of the Manual yet. :nonod: :sad:

Get notified of new replies

To DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended!

Old 09-13-2002, 01:09 PM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (Mike Mercury)

If you look at the unit - it only has 4 buttons. How hard can it be? However you can only do an "up" or "down" adjustment to certain parameters that are in there.

While this is great and certainly the answer to the mostly stock guys who want a 1 time engine improvement and want gears and shift adjustments as much as engine stuff.

I do not think the tool can start from scratch like LS1Edit. But that is both a blessing (for most) and a problem for some. I would say IF YOU CAN DO LS1Edit yourself - I would get that. If you want the 4 button - make adjustments to an already good "base" reporgram of the car - this is your solution.

I think that TTS and Hypertec are more the competition than is LS1Edit. This is like an adjustable PowerLoader. Also remember that this INCLUDES the OBD-II diagnostic stuff which nothing else has. No laptop or extra software (read no more money spent) is needed.

I'm excited about it - and there is a Real Company behind it.

My only question for BfB is will you give us a 60 day price assurance. If we find it available else where for less - you will refund the difference. This unit will be available thru many GM associatd speed products outlets. I and most on here would feel "took" if the street price ended up at $395 and we up front paid the $425 in a sort of pre-release special. Be a good business man with us.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:52 PM
TXSTICK
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (KingTut)

I already have mine on order, and yes it only has a few buttons, but they do not list everything that it can do. They just say and more. Fan temps?
3.15, 3.42, 3.73, ??? what gears are covered? If you run a TC will it allow for the slippage (no codes)? :eek:
Is there a list of preset values? What are shift points set at? Rev limit?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[Modified by TXSTICK, 10:21 AM 9/13/2002]
Old 09-13-2002, 02:24 PM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended! (KingTut)

I think that TTS and Hypertec are more the competition than is LS1Edit. This is like an adjustable PowerLoader. Also remember that this INCLUDES the OBD-II diagnostic stuff which nothing else has. No laptop or extra software (read no more money spent) is needed.
Just remember, the unit can be programmed to a custom base tune in the future. The Revolution software by Diablo can do ANYTHING to the factory PCM parameters. Then a user can fine tune their setup from there w/ the options that the unit offers.

My only question for BfB is will you give us a 60 day price assurance. If we find it available else where for less - you will refund the difference. This unit will be available thru many GM associatd speed products outlets.
#1: Retail is $495.
#2: I sell for everyday low prices. I will also adjust my prices accordingly to keep that promise.

The bad thing about pricing wars is that it ultimately hurts the whole community. It is not very healthy. I hope that never becomes an issue w/ the Predator. I do know that Diablo is going to hold their dealers to strict rules when it comes to selling the Predator.

I and most on here would feel "took" if the street price ended up at $395 and we up front paid the $425 in a sort of pre-release special. Be a good business man with us.
First, I am being a GREAT business man w/ you all, and ALWAYS will! You will find that you got a great price and deal. You also are getting free shipping, insurance, and handling on the Pre-Buy. Aside from this I give a 30 day money back guarantee and I have no problems w/ stating that in a public forum. I just didn't go through the trouble of becoming a legitimate vendor on here for nothing. I also became one on LS1.com. That costs me a lot of money, and for those who do not believe so, then think again! It isn't cheap to sell legitimately, but it is VERY worth it.

Second, the street price will NEVER be $395, nor anywhere near it.

Currently, I believe that I am the only Diablo Wholesale Dealer on this site, and LS1.com, that is a vendor as well. There are Diablo dealers out there that are jobbers or are customers of a certain distributing company, but they are also bound by the same rules and regulations for selling that I am.

I am not trying to sound crude, nor rude, but I want you all to understand that we will have an excellent business/customer partnership and I will always stick to my words!

I do appreciate everyone's concerns! Take care and have a great weekend! I will be on/off here the whole weekend answering posts and emails, though.

[Modified by BfB, 8:00 PM 9/13/2002]

Quick Reply: DiabloSport Predator Pre-Order Special Pricing Extended!