C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swps/abs

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 09:45 PM
braknl8
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swps/abs

Will the EBCM not receiving the 5VDC ref signal or the Low Ref ground (Pins 1&2 on swps connector) from the swps cause ABS to not function? My reason for asking:

I have an intermittent issue with ABS. When the car is cool there are no issues but after a few minutes the ABS light comes on.

I have ill-fitting headers that have been unknowingly on the harness that runs beside the driver-side of the block (bolted to the block just above the oil press sending unit, or oil-cooler adapter block, in my case) and due to the fact that the issue seems to come with heat I suspect the issue is in that piece of the harness (wiring damaged due to heat). I currently can't get to it because of the headers so I'm ruling out everything else until I can source a lift to pull those, inspect and put quality headers on.

When the abs light comes on I get codes c1232 and c1255. I know those are LF sensor and ebtcm malfunction. I have new SKF hubs all around. I have checked the connections there and upstream, checked the frame ground and have done a visual inspection of the pins in the ebcm harness, with no (apparent) issues visible.

My gut feeling is that the heat expansion is breaking an already weak connection in said harness but I'm not certain any relevant wires are even in it (?).

I have no BCM so I expect TC/AH errors, lights, and codes but have not had ABS issues until this past weekend. I did a few track sessions previously with out any. I would suspect that if ABS doesn't like not seeing the 5vdc ref signal or the low ref ground (pins 1&2 on swps connctor) that it would either work or not work, not be intermittent. Do I need to wire those two back in or can I safely assume they aren't the culprit and begin digging through this harness for damage somewhere?

Thanks in advance. I know these aren't the typical "issues".

Last edited by braknl8; 05-22-2016 at 12:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Swps/abs