C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defective exterior @ door

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 04:42 AM
parrish
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defective exterior @ door

This is an interesting one. Last week while washing car I discovered a 1/2" crack in the driver’s side door. This crack is all the way through the skin and is perfectly straight about 1/2" from the vertical edge of the door. I pointed this out to my trusty dealership and they took it to their body shop. Come to find out I was told similar cases had been reported and repaired. This will be a three-day job at the body shop to repair. Has any one else out there had this happen? I have an appointment in two weeks to get this repaired. I will continue the thread at that time.

Also I took the ride in to get that pesky drivers side rocking chair fixed. Part number to follow.
:smash:
Old 08-30-2002, 06:03 AM
vk
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Defective exterior @ door (parrish)

It's not anything like this is it?

I had this happen on the passenger side for no apparent reason

[Modified by vk, 4:03 AM 8/30/2002]
Old 09-01-2002, 04:15 AM
parrish
7th Gear

Default Re: Defective exterior @ door (vk)

No the cut or delamination I speak of looks very precise like a razor cut a strait line. It is around the same distance from the edge as yours. It is located around the level of the door handle. It is hard to see with the eye. If you press on the door panel you then see the separation.

Sorry to see your case. Thanks for the post.

Get notified of new replies

To Defective exterior @ door

Quick Reply: Defective exterior @ door