C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walbro FPA-005 Fuel Pump Problems - Anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 04:48 PM
got-20z
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Walbro FPA-005 Fuel Pump Problems - Anybody?

A month ago I installed a direct replacement fuel pump in my 2000. I bought the Walbro GRJ420P - RaceTronix FPA-005. I drove the car a few short trips after I installed it and all seemed fine... The pump was so quiet I couldn't even hear it. Much quieter than my OEM one.

Yesterday I was out for about 150 miles and stopped by a store and noticed the pump was whining really loud. It was loud enough to hear at 30mph over my Borla Stingers. After I noticed the whining I drove it home which was only 5 miles but it was still doing it when I parked. I went out about 2 hours later and started the car and it was quiet again and i couldn't even tell it was running. Today I took the car out for about 30 miles and it seems fine. It is quiet today and note even during the time it was loud, the car ran fine.

Do any of you have this pump and if so, have you had any similar problems? It's hard to not think that I got a bad one or something.

Thanks.

Last edited by got-20z; 05-04-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Walbro FPA-005 Fuel Pump Problems - Anybody?