C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shops in Merritt Island needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 09:49 AM
Neatnic
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Default Shops in Merritt Island needed

Hello Forum,

I need to get some ideas for good shops in the Cocoa/Merritt Island area. My shops has had some problems and I need a new place.

Right now I am dealing with a stubborn coolant leak under the overflow tank area that will not go away. Plus a loud whine noise from the LR that goes along with wheel speed. I have already replaced the wheel brg and did not help. Could be tires or rear end? Need someone good to check into it.
Help with suggestions....
Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Can't help you with shops. My friend there had a C5 and he just used the local dealer with satisfaction.

If you remove the coolant tank I bet you will find out it is cracked. If not it might be a loose connection or bad hose. You should be able to find and fix that issue yourself.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Neatnic
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Can't help you with shops. My friend there had a C5 and he just used the local dealer with satisfaction.

If you remove the coolant tank I bet you will find out it is cracked. If not it might be a loose connection or bad hose. You should be able to find and fix that issue yourself.
--
That would not surprise me I had the tank replaced about 3-4 years ago at the dealer. If that is the case sounds like a design flaw.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:36 PM
randyfl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Neatnic
Hello Forum,

I need to get some ideas for good shops in the Cocoa/Merritt Island area. My shops has had some problems and I need a new place.

Right now I am dealing with a stubborn coolant leak under the overflow tank area that will not go away. Plus a loud whine noise from the LR that goes along with wheel speed. I have already replaced the wheel brg and did not help. Could be tires or rear end? Need someone good to check into it.
Try Bob @ "The Corvette Doctor" Pricey but did a good job for me.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:37 PM
randyfl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Neatnic
Hello Forum,

Try Bob @ "The Corvette Doctor" Pricey but did a good job for me. He is in Melbourne
Old 01-12-2015, 06:59 AM
Neatnic
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Originally Posted by randyfl
Try Bob @ "The Corvette Doctor" Pricey but did a good job for me. He is in Melbourne

Get notified of new replies

To Shops in Merritt Island needed

Quick Reply: Shops in Merritt Island needed