C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sputtering,, Hesitation and misfiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Pozzest
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sputtering,, Hesitation and misfiring

hey all, 2003 with a vortech stock motor low miles, been running like a champ for 15k yesterday car started to exhibit a slight hesitation on cruise then would disengage cruise on its own. did it a few times. Today coming home from work cruising at 45mph car wanted to die sputtered misfired acted like it would stall.
zero throttle response sputtered a minute or two then started to run ok. Got it home appears to have cleared itself up! Car has about a 1/4 tank of fuel. Any thought to some really bad gas?? feels like no fuel , pressure stays at 60psi on the gauge during hesitation I Am adding a bottle of injector and fuel additive and a full tank on mobil in the morning. Anyone ever have this happen?? Any input for things to look at never experienced anything like this before been in automotive field 24 years new to me
Thanks Danny
Old 12-13-2014, 09:29 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Pull the codes. Check the misfire monitor history if you can get a good scanner on it. You could also go through obd2 generic and see if there are any pending codes.
The only additive I would trust is chevron techtron. Bad gas doesn't happen that often. It wouldn't hurt to stop by where you filled up last ask ask if they have had a problems. I remember 2 different times in the last 20 years when gas was the problem and the oil companies covered the repairs.
I would also check the tb connector, grounds and tac module connections.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Pozzest
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i pulled codes did not find any. i am going to hook up my HP tuner and do a data log to check it out
Old 12-14-2014, 06:01 PM
printmanjackson
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Sounds like bad fuel or lack of fuel. Fuel filter maybe

Get notified of new replies

To Sputtering,, Hesitation and misfiring

Quick Reply: Sputtering,, Hesitation and misfiring