C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some Tick Performance Speed Bleeder help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Boosted355
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some Tick Performance Speed Bleeder help.

I'm switching to a McCleod RXT clutch and McLeod doesn't recommend using the Tick master cylinder. So I'm replacing it with a factory style aftermarket matter cylinder. The issue I'm having is that I don't have the line that runs from the master cylinder to the speed bleeder. Is it even available other than buying a new matter from Chevrolet? Does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks for your time, Jim
Old 09-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Boosted355
I'm switching to a McCleod RXT clutch and McLeod doesn't recommend using the Tick master cylinder. So I'm replacing it with a factory style aftermarket matter cylinder. The issue I'm having is that I don't have the line that runs from the master cylinder to the speed bleeder. Is it even available other than buying a new matter from Chevrolet? Does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks for your time, Jim
Jim

You have to purchase a remote bleeder kit. It consist of a crush washer, slave cyl fitting, extended hose 36"+ long, and a bleeder fitting just like a brake bleeder fitting.

You attach that remote bleeder kit to the slave cyl.

Bill
Old 09-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Boosted355
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Jim

You have to purchase a remote bleeder kit. It consist of a crush washer, slave cyl fitting, extended hose 36"+ long, and a bleeder fitting just like a brake bleeder fitting.

You attach that remote bleeder kit to the slave cyl.

Bill
Thanks for the reply Bill, but I think you're misunderstand what I'm trying to ask about.

I'm removing the Tick master cylinder and replacing it with the stock style. I've already got the Tick Speed Bleeder that I'm trying to reuse. I bought a replacement master cylinder from a parts house. My issue from my understanding is that there's a line that doesn't come with the replacement master cylinder that you're supposed to remove from your original master cylinder and transfer to the new master cylinder that ties the master cylinder and the speed bleeder line. Which I don't have as the car had the Tick setup when I bought it.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:00 AM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

That line has nothing to do with the speed bleeder. You need the line that comes out of the master cylinder to the quick disconnect fitting for the slave cylinder?

Last edited by Cliff8928; 09-20-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Boosted355
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cliff8928
That line has nothing to do with the speed bleeder. You need the line that comes out of the master cylinder to the quick disconnect fitting for the slave cylinder?

Sorry I have replied unroll now. I'm on vacation and haven't been able to get on the site the last few days. The page would just keep reloading before it ever finished loading.

Exactly. I posted it this way in hopes that someone who has reverted back to the stock master might post up their resolution.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:06 AM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

Try this clever method
You can get 20" of vacuum from another car
if you tap into one of it's vacuum lines.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ng-method.html

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 09-23-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To I need some Tick Performance Speed Bleeder help.

Quick Reply: I need some Tick Performance Speed Bleeder help.