C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with CEL - P0410 secondary air injection

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:48 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default help with CEL - P0410 secondary air injection

I keep getting the p0410 code on my 02 z06. I have only owned it a few weeks, and I cant seem to get the code to go away. I reset the code and after 2nd start, it pops back up.

The car has block off plates on the manifold and the fuse and relay pulled for the inj pump.

Why is it still triggering the CEL?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:37 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Z06 02
I keep getting the p0410 code on my 02 z06. I have only owned it a few weeks, and I cant seem to get the code to go away. I reset the code and after 2nd start, it pops back up.

The car has block off plates on the manifold and the fuse and relay pulled for the inj pump.

Why is it still triggering the CEL?
It is triggering the cel because the air injection is not working. You can't just disconnect it and not get a code. You have to have the code set to not report by someone with the proper software.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BigGun
It is triggering the cel because the air injection is not working. You can't just disconnect it and not get a code. You have to have the code set to not report by someone with the proper software.
ABSOFRIGGENLOOTLY! Go to a LS expierenced tuning shop and see what they charge for tuning out the A.I.R. DTC. Shouldnt be too much. See what they charge for a Canned Tune. May be worth it to kill two birds with one TUNE!

Normally a canned tune is approx $150.

Where do you live. Maybe someone can recommend a local shop for you.

Bill
Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 AM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Originally Posted by BigGun
When I bought the car, it already had the block-off plates and all of the check valves and tubing removed. It would stand to reason that it had already been tuned out.

It didnt start throwing the codes until about a week after i got it home. That was likely 15-20 starts.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Stu 91 drop top
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had this. first check to see if the AIR pump is working. there is a 3/4 inch hose running on the drivers side fender near the alternator.
pull th ehose appart at the connector and start the car. there should be a lot of air coming out. not so much that you cant stop it with your thumb but is shoudl be blowing.

if not check to see if the battery has ever leaked. this was my issue. the battery leaked and ate away a small vacuum hose hidden in the big wire harness under the battery tray. this wasa quick fix that I found here on the forum. one vacuum tees into 2 lines.

good luck I hope this is it.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Stu 91 drop top
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wait. I didn't realize you have plugged the exhaust . Yes you need a tune.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:34 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Originally Posted by Stu 91 drop top
Oh wait. I didn't realize you have plugged the exhaust . Yes you need a tune.
I understand I need a tune. However, all of this stuff was done to the car prior to my purchasing it. There were no check engine lights whenever I bought the car, drove it home, and then around for the next few days.

With no CEL for several days, wouldn't it stand to reason that the tune had already taken care of this issue?

So how does it come back to triggering the CEL if it already has been tuned to ignore the P0410 code?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:45 PM
KOZ
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm going to guess whoever you bought the car from cleared the codes and prayed they didn't come back while you test drove it. After you handed over the cash it was no longer their problem.

The P0410 code is not set quickly. Before I tuned my car it would come and go as it pleased with no timing pattern.

Have a good tuner check to see if your car even has a tune in it.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:23 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Originally Posted by KOZ
I'm going to guess whoever you bought the car from cleared the codes and prayed they didn't come back while you test drove it. After you handed over the cash it was no longer their problem.
Very well could be. But i've talked to the PO (Frank's Vettes in Houston) on this matter and he was suprised and mentioned he would work with me to get it to go away. Could be lip service, but that's not the feeling I get when discussing with him.

I just thought I would try here before I went back to him (4 hrs away) to see if it was an easy fix.

Have a good tuner check to see if your car even has a tune in it.
Anybody have a tuner in the DFW area?
Old 09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

If the car has been serviced at a dealership the mechanic may have flashed a new updated tune. It is not uncommon for dealerships to do this and not even mention it to the customer. They think they are doing you a favor.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Z06 02
Anybody have a tuner in the DFW area?
I had mine tuned out by LG Motorsports a year ago, but 21st Century Muscle cars, Quality Motorsports, and a handful of others can all tune for you.

If you are getting the code the Secondary A.I.R. system has NOT been tuned out of the PC. If it had been you would not now be seeing the code for it.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:34 PM
TX Z06 02
Pro

Had another conversation today with frank and his tuner and thst the only thing they can figure happened. He disabled the CEL for the 420 and 430 which I think are side specific codes and neglected to tune out the 410.

So now im tonna call some of these guys in dfw and see who can do it.

Get notified of new replies

To help with CEL - P0410 secondary air injection

Quick Reply: help with CEL - P0410 secondary air injection