C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise squeal unique

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Dubie79
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise squeal unique

Hey guys, got a noise squeal in synch with throttle advancement. When coasting high speed nothing, as soon as I touch throttle squeal noise is back. Had a similar C5 do a similar noise that turned out to be a crack in the intake manifold. Could this be the same??
Old 08-27-2014, 12:00 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

If sitting still and advancing the throttle makes the noise I would get an auto stethoscope and try to find the source.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Dubie79
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeal

Originally Posted by dadaroo
If sitting still and advancing the throttle makes the noise I would get an auto stethoscope and try to find the source.
. Noise only heard while driving and accelerating....
Old 08-27-2014, 01:59 PM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

If it changes with throttle position but not necessarily engine speed, then that is almost certainly a vacuum leak. Check every hose for cracks/pinholes. Replace any that feel stiff.

Sometimes you can track them down with smoke (matches, cigarettes, etc.) I usually just grab things until I feel air moving through my fingers. Vacuum is highest at idle, so you can usually find them without someone playing with the throttle to make the whistle hit a frequency you can hear.

Get notified of new replies

To Noise squeal unique

Quick Reply: Noise squeal unique